By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

2 am Central Time.

Around the Network

Then that's when I shall return!

Don't nobody talk about Game & Watch behind my back.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I say new item. Raccoon tail allows more jumps.

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

I still say Pokémon!

Rubang B said:
Then that's when I shall return!

Don't nobody talk about Game & Watch behind my back.

Ok then. So, who here thinks that Mr. G&W was a useless character in Melee? :)

I still say Luigi, I'll check tomorrow I'm off to bed. 

Around the Network

nah, I'm with Ben. Luigi, C Falcon, G&W, Ganon, Jiggly, and Ness (along with many others) won't get profiles pre-launch as hidden characters.

I'm sure we'll have a couple more returning fighters from Melee get profiles.

But a few of them won't, and I'm quite certain that 4 of them will be Luigi, Jiggly, Ness and C Falcon...because they were secret in SSB, and they were secret in SSBM.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I predict a item.. it has 2 be something weak in comparison to snakes update

Wii Friendcode - 6327 2612 7683 5724

feel free to add me whenever (just PM me to let me know)

Characters who had to be unlocked in Melee:

Falco
Ganondorf
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Marth
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Pichu
Roy

Y. Link

Dr. Mario

Ness and C. Falcon were unlocked from the start. The 4 crossed out are the ones who seem very unlikely to return. A few of the others up top are iffy, but the point is that none of these characters have been shown. Not one. Obviously they aren't all gone. I think what this means is that we aren't getting any unlockables at all.

In the previous two games about 2/3 of the characters were unlocked from the start (including transformations like Sheik). Assuming 1 character every 2 weeks (the pace he is currently going) we will get 4 more characters before the game launches. That will give us a total of 25 initially available characters (counting ZSS). 26 if Sheik is still in the game (which that Aonuma interiview implied). That would give us about 40 characters (I rounded up from 39). Which is exactly the number I predicted. That would be a 15 character increase from Melee. Melee was a 13 character increase from Smash. Technically it's actually 19 new characters since 4 old ones will be gone.

So yeah, I don't think we have seen a single unlockable character. Anyone else agree?

Points for me! AND POINTS FOR I LOVE BACON! I suppose he always guesses the same thing...I feel more lucky with my guess haha.

Update: Shielding & Dodging

Once you know how to attack, the next thing you have to think about is avoiding enemy attacks. That’s where the shield button comes in handy.

You guard against your enemy’s attack with your shield!!

Shielding against attacks is a top priority. Because if you don’t get attacked, you can’t get done in! However, the more attacks your shield takes, the smaller it gets.

If your shield breaks, you lose consciousness.

But more important than guarding is dodging.

You just tap the Control Stick in a direction while holding the shield button.

Tap the control stick down to do a sidestep dodge!

Tap it backward to do a backward-roll dodge!

And tap forward to do a forward-roll dodge and get behind your opponent!

If you can do these moves, your enemies will have a hard time landing their attacks. And they make you momentarily invincible, so using them proactively is OK.

Use these moves as much as you can even before you get used to them. Sometimes things become clearer that way. 

Update: Fox's Final Smash

<Landmaster>

It’s the brute tank of Team Star Fox—the Landmaster. Surely he wouldn’t bring that thing out?!

LANDMASTERRR!

BAROOOMPH!

Yayyy! It’s a free ride!

Don’t ride the Landmaster!

Jump to hover. Tilt down to roll. And, of course, fire its cannon with the attack button.

FIRE! This hurts. A lot! So watch out!

It’s so big, it might be hard to turn around. But it’s law-breaking power and authority is unstoppable.

Yeah. It’s cool. My heart’s aflutter.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )