By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Sonic.
naznatips...typically, yes, there is a backdrop in the far back, but most levels then have various layers of 3D objects. Like the skyscraper level in SSBM. In the very far back I'm sure the night sky was just a flat image. But in front of that were mini skyscrapers, all layered in front of each other, so that when the camera moves with the players, the perspective of the buildings in the background change as well.

In order for this Fox level to work, the asteroids will be realtime 3D objects, as will the ships, lasers, etc.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
jheco05 said:
Who you'd rather have Sonic or Megaman for SSBB?

definatly Megaman, as he would have a really cool move set and you could even include his robotic dog (can't remember the name). As much as I liked sonic in the genesis games that i played, he would be boring and the only two moves i can envision are spin attack (like what jigglypuff had, as sonic used to do this), and a spin jump attack very similar to samus'.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

That Lylat cruise arena is hands down the best looking arena in any fighting game, Anyone else agree?

Anyone know when we can get to see a video of this arena in action? E3 prehaps?

Id love to see a level where you could have 8 fighters on the screen at once, even if background detail was minimal

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

azzer100 said:
That Lylat cruise arena is hands down the best looking arena in any fighting game, Anyone else agree?

Anyone know when we can get to see a video of this arena in action? E3 prehaps?

Id love to see a level where you could have 8 fighters on the screen at once, even if background detail was minimal

Hardly my favorite, as quite a few stages in Melee were cooler this if you ask me. This stage was briefly shown at the end of the second Brawl trailer, but you probably know that already.

While I don't like how big the Temple level is...that level was pretty. A comparable level in SSBB is going to look gorgeous I'm sure.

Also that fountain level...something from Kirby...that was a pretty level.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Random post!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

^Is almost at 2k posts

(Wrong Thread...)

Yeah, the Fountain of Dreams is a 'pretty' level... not really good for combat because platforms move a lot :P

What are the exact dates for E3? And has anyone from UK noticed at what time they put the updates?

God, Japanese consider "zero days" as one day more..Start the NMH info already. 

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

E3 is from July 11 to the 13th.

I liked today's screenshots, they look really good.