By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

naznatips said:
Sounds VERY fake. Ridley is huge, the only way he could be a character is as a boss enemy.

Look at Bowser in Super Mario 64. Big enough to eat Mario with one bite, but he got shrunk for Melee. They could easily shrink Ridley down to DK/Bowser size and have him as a large and heavy character with flying, plus maybe some funky weapons seeing how much of a cyborg he's become lately. That would be awesome, since we really had only two huge characters in Melee, and they were pretty similar in the end.

Including Ridley's theme song in the game, and especially mentioning Ridley in both the title and description makes this seem even more likely to me.

That being said the rumour about G&W+Ice Climbers+Young Link going out and Ridley+Bowser Jr.+Wind Waker Link coming in is FAKE FAKE FAKE. It was started by a single forum post on a smallish forum and was admitted as fake within 24 hours of originally being posted, but still refuses to die. -_-

Around the Network

So what will tonight's update be? My bet is an item. I bet...Fire Flower.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I hope a level. I want to see more on "Olympus" the KI level we see in that Samus picture above.

Update: Link's Final Smash

Is he using the Triforce to slash enemies? Or is it the Triforce doing the slashing?

You don’t have time to ponder such questions, as Link has just grabbed a Smash Ball.

Light shoots out from the Triforce on the back of Link’s hand, striking his opponents!

Link dashes into the fray! Enemies are trapped by the Triforce.

He strikes repeatedly with lightning speed!

And then comes the finishing strike! SKRAAAAH!

If you suffer this fate, there is little hope for you. But remember: damage alone will not finish you in Smash.

If you’re lucky enough to strike solid ground, you just might be saved.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

not too shabby an update, though we of course already knew his final smash from the videos.

Around the Network

More or less lame update but it's Monday so I wasn't expecting much.

Although what's interesting is that this appears to be almost a "no-charge" baseball bat, if I'm reading correctly. Mario's was closer to a Legendary pokemon from Melee. it adds another level of balance to the characters... you might not be so great with Guy A's regular set of moves, but you just happen to get in the perfect situation to use his Final Smash, and you turn the tide of the whole game.

twestern: I had no idea my sig was that annoying... if I shrink it some will that help, or do you want me to change it entirely?

Don't really care fish, I have it blocked so I can't even see it anymore (though I can see it right now for some odd reason, must have not blocked it on this computer yet).

I just generally hate big sigs and animated sigs and yours happens to be both. :P

At least they got the two final smashes that we saw in-game out of the way. They are really just showing things that were in the trailer.

I think they showed three. They still have to get Kirby's "boiling Mario" final smash out the door. And I'd wager Wario's final smash is a not-quite-how-they-showed-it fart attack.