By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Also, remember not all characters are returning from Melee... Sakurai already stated that officially.

Characters I would expect to not reappear: Shiek (if Zelda is in the game it will be TP Zelda, but Midna may be there instead of Zelda at all), Game and Watch, Pichu, Marth and Roy (maybe Marth will stay, but it's likely we will get newer FE protagonists), Dr. Mario, Young Link, Ice Climbers, Falco.

I'm not saying none of these will reappear, but they are the most likely to be eliminated.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
I'm guessing 30 characters minimum in the game (overall, unlockable included). The difference in disc space is HUGE (5 2/3 the times gamecube disc storage space) and they are putting a lot of money into the game.

True, but it all comes down to time. They have to make the characters. The good news is it looks like all the Melee characters are pretty much going to be ported so they can focus more on new characters,

Who will leave will probobly be.........

• sheik(not in TP)
  • Roy(not popular in japan and used to advertise FE6, might stay due to popularity in US)
  • Pichu(no love)
  • Young Link(gone with clones)
  • Dr. mario(only added for music)

Today's Update:  Crates and Barrels.

When broken, many items tumble out of crates and barrels.
Previously, wooden crates and barrels were pretty much garden-variety.

This time around, these items change visually to match the mood of the stage.

On sci-fi type stages they take on a futuristic tone.

On more fantastic stages, they look more like presents.

When you receive a present, open it! There are items inside!
Use them as you will.

...By the way, this time we’ve thrown "sliding boxes" into the mix.

Just when you think you’re going to break it open to get the prize inside...

Off it goes!

It...makes things hectic!

Be careful and make sure you don’t get knocked for a loop by a box madly rushing downhill.

So...having different crates on the different levels is a very nice touch.  Sliding boxes makes for more randomness too.  And hey look!  It's Samus running around!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nobody cares about crates...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I think the cooler revelation is the sneak peek at what is probably Hyrule Castle.

I wonder whether it's possible to break sliding crates?

Around the Network

Well, I like the addition of the sliding crates and the different crates based on level is a nice touch... but yeah, useless information lol.

I wonder if there's any other types of crates and barrels...

I dunno...the work they're putting into this game makes it that much harder to wait...

Also, I think people agree that the castle in the background is actually from Fire Emblem.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that level is NOT Hyrule castle. It looks nothing like it from TP (even the rooftops are the wrong color) and they are good at matching sets. Maybe something from Fire Emblem.

Hey this is old but I don't know if it's true? (It's from March 5 2007)

The director of Super Smash Bros. Brawl was on a Japanese radio station recently, and instead of being a guest on a late night sex talk-show, or narrating a top ten song countdown, he actually gave out some new details on his upcoming Wii fighting game. Masashiro Sakurai announced that the Metroid villain Ridley would be joining the already announced Samus and Zero Suit Samus characters. He also mentioned that the Ice Climbers, Mr. Game & Watch, and Young Link will not be featured, but that Celda Link (Link from Wind Waker) would be replacing the young hero. The last new character he named was Bowser Jr., which makes me think that Baby Mario and Baby Luigi will also be included on the next roster announcement. The cel-shaded Link character will definitely be the first fighter I try out, but I'd prefer having Link from Majora's Mask as a playable character - being able to morph into the Deku, Goron, and Zora forms would be so much better than the typical bomb and arrow style combat we're used to. I'm still looking for Mega Man, Bomberman, and a dozen other characters announced soon. Any predictions?

Sounds VERY fake. Ridley is huge, the only way he could be a character is as a boss enemy.