By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Wii-Fit OUTSELL Ps3 by Xmas 09

wii fit will have a cruise speed similar to japan... so expect 200K a month for a while... so no it won't catch up as the PS3 will be also close to or above that... but it'll more or less maintain the post launch gap.

In any case, the only way for it to pass PS3 is if the PS3 sales stop at about 20-25M and that is not likely.

(Yeah I do think Wii Fit will go above 25M Lifetime, as after 24 weeks it still sales at 66% of the Wii in japan....expect this till christmass 08 at least and worldwide)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@bleu-ocelot

my aim was to get the people who believed this to come here....maybe they aren't online

@tombi123

I know...its annoying isn't it

I know you dont belive it,i was talking about people in general. :)

Ah, GCSE... i remember those days well... lol!

Somehow i doubt wiifit will outsell the PS3 LTD... thats just insane numbers if so!

@hephaestos

yeah even I think wii fit will cross 20 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wii Fit outselling the entire user base of the PS3? Umm... maybe by the end of 2009 if the game gets big beyond anyone's expectations, but I don't think so. It's definitely going to outsell any individual game on either of the HD consoles, though.

Around the Network

No will not happen. If it did Nintendo would need to ramp up production on Wii fit massively and to get it on Oprah NOW.

darthdevidem01 said:
@munkeh111

how was physics??

Eeeeeeeeasy. It was the "alternative to coursework" and is designed for foundation and higher tier, so it is incredibly easy

@munkeh111

what is an igcse BTW??

we are doing the new science course or something like that..

so we have ISA's instead of coursework & modules that are worth 30% of the marks so this Phy/bi/chem exam I have soon is only 30% anyway..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Wii Fit sales in NA
May 900k
June 500k
July 400k
Aug 300k
Sept 200k
Oct 200k
Nov 600k
Dec 1.5m

Total - 4,600,000 million ;) i'm low balling it. lol

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Nope, only in Japan.

Wii Fit will be huge, and will likely sell more than 20 million, but not this year (perhaps by the end of 2009, so 1 year too late) wheras the PS3 will sell 20 million+ by the end of this year.