By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Thoughts on Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts

selnor said:
Oh yuck. ^ Dont mention PDZ. They ruined one of the best FPS's there. Sigh. However BK3 is looking tasty and I trust the team enough..

Welcome blu-lady.

Thankyou

From what I hear PDZ was ok for a launch game, and it's not a direct sequel.  Let's home when it DOES get a direct sequel it's awesome.  Holidays 2009 anybody?

OT:  BK3 looks awesome, and it's the original Banjo team. 

Around the Network

PDZ was horrible, but i do know a few people who loved it, i just told them they are off their heads

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

my opinion i think this game will be horrible 80% of the game is racing while 20% is platforming this game will not be as amazing as it was on the N64 i think rare ruined it this would have never of happened if banjo was coming to the wii

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

well, it is too early to ne unhappy (as some Rare's fans seem to be)
wait and see

Time to Work !

@libellule there is no point to wait in see this game will not be good rare ruined it

Around the Network

@Jessman Obviously it's too soon to dismiss this game as we don't know a lot about it, but from the known facts I believe the game won't feel like a real platformer. And the trailers seem to second that, showing mostly driving and flying. Most important to me in a platformer is what it feels like to play the game.

Also, the game doesn't seem to feature user generated levels, just user compiled vehicles. So you have to build vehicles to reach certain points. Probably you will only use vehicles in certain areas, because otherwise traditional platforming can't be done, because like others said, limitations on what you can do are essential in platforming. If you could fly everywhere, the game would be pointless.

I'm very concerned from what I saw. It seems that Rare tried to make Banjo appeal to the 'typical XBox gamer', which is fine, but I don't think I'm interested the game anymore.

haha epsilon thats just cream ;)

blue-lady said:
haha epsilon thats just cream ;)

Cream, eh? :)

OT: It's a decent concept............I just don't want it in Banjo Kazooie 3. If this was just a spin off, I'd probably be fine with it. But this was hailed as BK3.......the sequel to 2 of my favourite games on the N64. I just don't think it should be like this. I may be in the minority, or maybe the majority.............but as a BK fan........I don't want to see this happen to 2 of my most beloved characters. That's all.

@izaaz101 i agree with you.. rare ruined this game only 20% of platforming sucks

i think it could be a great idea, and a successful one as well.. i just wish they didn't do it to banjo kazooie.. and my reason is because i liked the characters BK as they had unique abilities that i hadn't seen in any other platformer, and their wide range of abilities would also include their method of transports.. i just think they could have given the 'vehicle' building capability to any characters (heck, even Viva Pinatas) rather than replacing them with the reason i loved the game so much