By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - WTF EA, what did you do SimCity Societies?

Okay, so, I've been a fan of Simcity for since forever and enjoyed it all the way to Simcity 4. Killing numerous of hours.

So, I finally got around to picking up SimCity Societies and the box disappointed me.

The box itself is like a mini spindle that can probably hold more than 5 discs.

The manual... it's grey... the whole book. Thin. Pretty much 8 pieces of paper stapled together.

When I hold the big box, it feels lighter than the Advance Wars DoR box, eventhough, the box side if 3x larger.

This Simcity hasn't got much great reviews so I will have to play it to see if they mess it up that bad.

Packaging is pretty much disappointing. I'll take some pics tomorrow when I got time. 

Around the Network

Isn't it not done by the Sim City people, but outsourced to some other developers?

How the hell can you complain when you have not even played the game? The packaging is like any other game.

How can a BOX be disappointing?

Anyway, besides that, yeah, it is lousy as heck. It's fun in it's own, odd, little way but it's nowhere near as good as SimCity 3000 Unlimited and SimCity 4.

The only thing I like is the ability to make functional really small towns now.

So EA screwed up SimCity, and soon they'll be screwing up The Sims with The Sims 3.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Yep, that game sucked....badly.

I still remember how pissed off all the SimCity fans were when this came out. We're all still waiting for SimCity 5.

Packaging is mehh...

Around the Network
Galaki said:

Packaging is mehh...

All EA games are packaged like this...

You got it  11 days ago, so how is it?

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

That's what all computer game boxes are like.

You should probably stick with Sim City 4 though.

I suppose Wii and DS games made me forgot what PC packaging is like, LOL.

I got that game for free at EA, tell me how it is before I open it, I might just give it away.

To me. It's like a SimCity Lite. More or less, it's a gateway drug to the main SimCity games. I hadn't played it enough to decide to whether to hate it or love it, however.
But so far, I do miss seeing my buildings popping up from the ground which isn't available in Societies (so far).