By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should I buy a 360? the bait looks so sweet....

if it comes with a 3 year warrantee, I would get it. You can always enjoy what you can without the HD, and if you one day feel you need one, just buy the HD and you are all set.

the 360 has a ton of great games.

Around the Network

Don't buy a core system.

It sounds like a good deal, but just remember, the original 360's don't have HDMI, if that's important to you.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

A core system is fine to play and save your games.

then u can easily upgrade at a later date

Despite the bonehead fanboy's comments above, a core isn't an "old" system. It is a current system without the hard drive. You have no more likelihood of RROD with a core than you do with a premium or elite. There are falcon (new design) cores just as there are falcon's with a hard drive. At this point there isn't any stock of the old hardware out there unless you get something that has been on a shelf forever. If you really want to make sure, look for the HDMI port. You can also look for the wattage rating on the box as the Falcons are rated at 175W instead of something like 208 or so for the original. The "cores" are identical machines to the premium or elite save the 20 gig or 120 gig hard drive. Buy the package you are looking at -- that is a HELL of a dell in your region. Look on ebay and try to find a used 20 gig hard drive and it will snap right in and you can download big demos as well as have backward compatibility.

Then, get yourself some games.... there are just too many good ones to list.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network

I find it funny how many people think the core system doesn't have a hdmi port, has RROD issues.

All the SKU's are the same except for the Hard drive.

ToastyJaguar said:
I find it funny how many people think the core system doesn't have a hdmi port, has RROD issues.

I said the "Original" XBox's don't have HDMI (I know, I have one, and would love HDMI), I thought that the Arcade replaced the Core, and it sounded like this was a deal to clear out old systems from the posts above, am I wrong?  I don't really follow the 360 skus anymore now that I have one.

Currently Playing:  Saints Row 2 | Battlefield 2 | Company of Heroes

Recently Beaten: Gears of War | Super Mario Galaxy | Darwinia | MGS4 | Sam and Max Ep. 4, Portal | Mirror's Edge | Uncharted | Mass Effect

Looking Forward to: Alan Wake | Splinter Cell : Conviction | The Last Guardian | Batman: Arkham Asylum | SMG2 | Mass Effect 2 |

king_of_the_castle said:
ToastyJaguar said:

I said the "Original" XBox's don't have HDMI (I know, I have one, and would love HDMI), I thought that the Arcade replaced the Core, and it sounded like this was a deal to clear out old systems from the posts above, am I wrong? I don't really follow the 360 skus anymore now that I have one.

That deal is a limited edition deal. It's notold stock, there new.

Go ahead. For that price, you can't go wrong.

As long as it's an actual arcade model, hopefully, your going to get one heckuva deal.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

This one is better (for me)
http://www.pixmania.com/jeux-video-console-xbox-360-pack-pre/frfr813298_jvart.html?itag=9698