By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In the spirit of these WiiWare threads...

ghoul patrol the follow up to zombies ate my neighbours was also good.

Around the Network
sinha said:
famousringo said:

It's not really Contra. More like Robotron/Smash TV.

That looks really fun, especially the bosses. Made me wish for Smash TV on VC.

Big money! Biiiiiiiiiig prizes!

Every single game mentioned (Assault Heroes, Assault Heroes 2, Contra, Robotron: 2084, Smash TV) is on XBLA.

That's the place to be for top-down shooters... and... Contra?

I'm sad to hear that. Not because I begrudge Xbox owners the joy of Smash TV, just because it means one of the parties involved will probably get pissy or discouraged and block/delay the release on Smash TV on VC. Seems hard to get multiplat downloadable games for some strange reason.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

famousringo said:
sinha said:
famousringo said:

It's not really Contra. More like Robotron/Smash TV.

That looks really fun, especially the bosses. Made me wish for Smash TV on VC.

Big money! Biiiiiiiiiig prizes!

Every single game mentioned (Assault Heroes, Assault Heroes 2, Contra, Robotron: 2084, Smash TV) is on XBLA.

That's the place to be for top-down shooters... and... Contra?

I'm sad to hear that. Not because I begrudge Xbox owners the joy of Smash TV, just because it means one of the parties involved will probably get pissy or discouraged and block/delay the release on Smash TV on VC. Seems hard to get multiplat downloadable games for some strange reason.

So... you don't own a 360?  This is the Microsoft Forum.  The game being discussed in this thread is on XBLA.

I'm not accusing you of being a troll as you're making intelligent/productive comments, but why even bother with this thread? 

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

sinha said:

So... you don't own a 360? This is the Microsoft Forum. The game being discussed in this thread is on XBLA.

I'm not accusing you of being a troll as you're making intelligent/productive comments, but why even bother with this thread?

Although I'm mostly interested in software for my Wii and it largely satisfies my gaming desires, I'm still interested in what's going on in the rest of the gaming market. I really don't see the platform barriers in this forum as anything other than an organizational tool.

I do have one friend with an Xbox 360, and he's asked me for game advice about it before, so you never know when a little knowledge will come in handy. Despite my recommending a few games to him, it seems it's still being used as pretty much just a Rock Band machine, though.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Fair enough.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick