By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - In the spirit of these WiiWare threads...

Assault Heroes 1 is a marvelous game and as we speak it costs 400 points!
AH2 is a must have!

@disolitude
Even AH1 OWNS every Wiishovelware title. And there are so much more to come...

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Fuzzmosis said:
I support Contra and Contra like endeavors. Although top down Contra games really don't have the best track record.

It's not really Contra. More like Robotron/Smash TV.

That looks really fun, especially the bosses. Made me wish for Smash TV on VC.

Big money! Biiiiiiiiiig prizes!

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Kasz216 said:
Better then Dr. Mario? I'd doubt it.

Is Dr. Mario out now? I didn't see it when I checked out WiiWare on monday.

double post

Don't you think its just a wee bit early to talk about owning every WiiWare game since they've only just launched.

And personally I'd rather play LostWinds, at least it is creative and original and not just the reprise of something I've played a zillion times.

Around the Network
Grampy said:
Don't you think its just a wee bit early to talk about owning every WiiWare game since they've only just launched.

And personally I'd rather play LostWinds, at least it is creative and original and not just the reprise of something I've played a zillion times.

If you re-read my first post you will see that it says.

"A game that is available for 10 dollars and should own all Wiiware games thus far if its anything like the first one."

Thus far being a key word...

With all they hype WiiWare is getting on th site, you'd think you can downlaod MGS4. Maybe people are a wee bit early to promote the service?

I'm actually waiting for ticket to ride to come to the xbla.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ticket_to_Ride_(board_game)#Computer_games

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Looks cool, I can't stand this genre though. I would rather DL Dreamfall: The Longest Journey, but it's just so freakin' big.

Dreamfall for only $15... even at 2.2 GB this is a pretty good value, especially if you have played the original The Longest Journey. You should keep an eye on Steam as well sometimes they have a sale on buying both of them. I think they sold both for $15 at some point... 

@topic... interesting... 

famousringo said:

It's not really Contra. More like Robotron/Smash TV.

That looks really fun, especially the bosses. Made me wish for Smash TV on VC.

Big money! Biiiiiiiiiig prizes!

Every single game mentioned (Assault Heroes, Assault Heroes 2, Contra, Robotron: 2084, Smash TV) is on XBLA.

That's the place to be for top-down shooters... and... Contra?

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick