By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - HERE IT IS!!! -- The FIRST 13 Min of MGS4!!!!

Too bad it's nothing 'new', if you've seen the E3 2006 15 minute trailer and the Assassin's Creed April Fools joke, you've already seen this footage.

On that note, that doesn't make it any less cool.

Around the Network

OMFG

Im really curious, Konami said in the past that the opening is unique and someting never done or seen before.. if I remember well..

''Hadouken!''

Well, I really like the war feeling, they made a good enviroment, but the texture, models, and light quality is not the same as the last year trailer... is more like they left early footage (Which now I´m totally convinced it was CG) and use the game engine for the cinematics, which is great from my point of view, but leaves me wondering about the fate of the old videos... why didn´t use them?

Edit: And is more like the first 4 min of gameplay and 9 of cinematics..

The old video to support my claims...

You can look at 5:50 to see the gap between this (old footage) and the new video (Blood, poly-count, particles,textures)...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."

Is the whole game going to be green??

Btw, was that Altair from Assassin's Creed?

Around the Network

haven't seen it all, but the atmosphere, the sounds, the music, the voices are very well done, it has easily an unique identity of it's own this game..

''Hadouken!''

well if you watch it you'll notice that its filmed with a cam, thus lousy quality. MGO looked alot better on a hdtv with hdmi than on a sd tv

Wow, I love the way they use music to create the feel of the game. The transitions from "cinematics" to player control weren't that smooth, somehow the awesome feeling of being there was lost when you switch to player control, but maybe that's just because I'm not the one in control. Anyway, looks definitely great, IMO much more interesting than GTA IV for example.

awsome intro...but difficult to judge: just 1 minute gameplay and 12 minutes pre-rendered.

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

Plaupius said:
Wow, I love the way they use music to create the feel of the game. The transitions from "cinematics" to player control weren't that smooth, somehow the awesome feeling of being there was lost when you switch to player control, but maybe that's just because I'm not the one in control. Anyway, looks definitely great, IMO much more interesting than GTA IV for example.

Considering how in every one of the past MGS games (as well as many other games for that matter), you'll have to sit through a short loading sequence. I think that this transition between cutscene and gameplay is awesome especially because it's instant (or at least isn't seperated by a loading screen)