By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie - Nuts and Bolts Trailer!!!!!!!!

naznatips said:
rocketpig said:
Well, do you consider Sunshine to be Mario? I know a fair amount of people don't... Not that I think that's bad, I just happened to enjoy the game.

You weren't expressing hatred for this change but I've seen a fair amount of people in this forum who have.

Me, I'll just wait. After what Bethesda did to Fallout, I think I'm becoming numb to this sort of thing. At least there's a hope for this game to retain some of the heart of the old Banjo games.

Sunshine was still a platformer. A platformer with an odd mechanic sure, but it was about running and jumping. This is a vehicle game with some platforming. It's not that I have any problem with the style of game, but why use Banjo? Make a whole new game if you have no intention of sticking to the Banjo style at all.

Don't ask me, Naz. I'm still trying to figure out why Kameo exists instead of a new Conker or Banjo platformer.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

Mario Sunshine wasn't as bad as people keep saying it was. I thought it waas pretty good and the water effects were great. The reason the Resident Evil games had the same gameplay was because RE2 was being made halfway through RE1's development. By the time RE3 came out, they needed to make a sequel to the sequel, hence why the gameplay didn't change.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

WHEN DID THE XBOX FORUM TURN INTO THE NINTENDO ONE!!!!!

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:

We're talking about Banjo Kazooie and related topics, please don't de-rail the thread.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

From Gamespot hands-on:

While the game's worlds are large enough to make using vehicles essential, you'll still be able to explore lots of areas on foot, making use of Kazooie's abilities to achieve certain objectives.

http://uk.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/banjokazooie/news.html?sid=6190499&tag=top_stories;story;2

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:

We're talking about Banjo Kazooie and related topics, please don't de-rail the thread.

and how is fable 2 related to mario???

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Trailer looks fine. Clearly plenty of opportunities for platforming action and the range of vehicles offers an opportunity for interesting and diverse environments.

I cannot believe how melodramatic some of you are. It's rather amusing in a very sad way.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 
Strategyking92 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Strategyking92 said:

and how is fable 2 related to mario???

What's Fable have to do with anything? Mario Sunshine was brought up by Rocket as a comparison, and then it was discussed whether this was a similar style or not. Also, if you didn't notice, there was a Mario in the trailer.

I don't see how it's so wrong to want Banjo to be a platformer. Seriously look how Jak Combat Racing turned out. There is plenty of reason to be disappointed with a franchise you enjoy not sticking to its genre at all.

Looks great. I for one are unwilling to write off Banjo until I've played it.

disolitude said:

Funny you should say RE was stale when 4 came out as this is exactly what platformers are today. Big names still sell but no new ones are getting made and not falling under the radar. Its not like there hasn't been a new platformer since the last Banjo... Many mascots have tried... but most have sucked. Reason why first 2 banjo games are respected is because they were fresh back in the day. Thats what this game is trying to be...

So I guess Rare had a choice... Make a platfromer game that all the fans of the game will go apeshit for but not really try to change things up to customize it to the strengths of the 360 (like online multiplayer, downloadable content, sandbox gameplay-ish). Or sell out some older fans.

Fixed that for you.
Could be cool, it's got a nice art style and graphics.  I'm in the boat that would have loved to have seen a game with platforming at heart, which this trailer calls into question.  We'll see.  I think the other trailers for the game that are out show a lot more promise than this particular one though.  Only thing that really rubs me wrong is that they completely removed Banjo's moves to be instead replaced with the vehicle mechanic.  Like I said... we'll see.