By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTAIV Owns Mario Kart Wii

I still think Guitar Hero could make more money. Once you add up all the guitars, DLC and other stuff, revenue and profit could be greater. And the development costs are far lower.

Around the Network

I was apparenly wrong, or at least most likely will be.

I had expected around 300k for Europe, and 600k for NA.

Not 500k for Europe, so unless something very weird happens, I'm wrong! Lets see how next week goes.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

this thread is daft, Mario Kart and GTA4 are almost completeley different, GTA4 is a sandbox third person shooter with driving options, Mario Kart is a driving game with fun characthers and quirky power ups, GTA4 is aimed as the case should tell you at adults, Mario Kart is primarily aimed at a younger market and is a much more family freindly game.

Aw, who cares about sales. Both games are fun, & that's all that counts, right?

Foshoryuken said:
Steve Urkle: Last time I checked, Nintendo owns Mario Kart. Ha ha ha. *snort snort snort*

Or maybe he means in GTA4, the protagonist can purchase a copy of MKW to play? Sort of a sidequest, after the "can you find a Wii" mission.

Around the Network
misterd said:
Foshoryuken said:
Steve Urkle: Last time I checked, Nintendo owns Mario Kart. Ha ha ha. *snort snort snort*

Or maybe he means in GTA4, the protagonist can purchase a copy of MKW to play? Sort of a sidequest, after the "can you find a Wii" mission.

You couln't get 100% completion if that was a mission.  

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Regardless of how dumb it is to compare the games

Mario Kart Wii 2nd week American Sales - 415,320 (34% of Week 1)
GTAIV PS3 2nd week American Sales - 359,133 (26% of Week 1)
GTAIV 360 2nd week American Sales - 799,753 (35% of Week 1)

Mario Kart Wii 2nd week Others sales - 440,726 (78% of Week 1)
GTAIV PS3 2nd week Others sales - 320,262 (26% of Week 1)
GTAIV 360 2nd Week Others sales - 269,353 (27% of Week 1)

On the second week we already start seeing the power of Nintendo's legs

GTA was always going to drop a lot in the second week because of its huge opening. We wont be able to say if it has good legs or not for a few weeks minimum.

twesterm said:

Also, according to the mythical man month doubling your team size won't half the amount of time it takes to finish a project.  Think of it as it takes 1 woman 9 months to deliver a baby, it doesn't take take two woman 4 1/2 months to deliver one baby.  Adding more people to a project should decrease the time but there are still a lot of dependencies that require one thing to be finished before something else can be done and adding more people doesn't change that.  Don't think that applies to the conversation but whatever, it popped in my head.  

Wait! Does that have anything to do with trying to dig half a hole?

scottie said:
Regardless of how dumb it is to compare the games

Mario Kart Wii 2nd week American Sales - 415,320 (34% of Week 1)
GTAIV PS3 2nd week American Sales - 359,133 (26% of Week 1)
GTAIV 360 2nd week American Sales - 799,753 (35% of Week 1)

Mario Kart Wii 2nd week Others sales - 440,726 (78% of Week 1)
GTAIV PS3 2nd week Others sales - 320,262 (26% of Week 1)
GTAIV 360 2nd Week Others sales - 269,353 (27% of Week 1)

On the second week we already start seeing the power of Nintendo's legs

How are the bashers going to spin that? And that's for both games, but since this thread is about bashing one of them, that is what I mean in this particular case. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs