By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Post your myspaces

Well doesn't exactly work beside please don't use my pro, k?

Around the Network
www.myspace.com/grbox2001

If you can, and you should, then you must.

http://www.myspace.com/wii64

grbox2001, nice quote.
No dictator in history has ever wielded such a powerful tool as a TV set.
I to was into reality history but i went pop and now i dont even watch the news.

I think the news gives us a distorted sense of reality. An old saying is if it bleeds it leads. Meaning it will be the front story to get peoples attention. People today have gotten so scared of everything we hear about murders and missing children and rape etc etc. But the only reason these things are on the news are because they are newsworthy meaning they are uncommon. You don't hear about the millions of people that drive everyday that didn't get into an accident or people that live in inner city areas and don't get killed. Yes violent crime is bad (of course!) and we should pay some attention to it. But violent crime rates are generally falling and having been doing so for at least the past 10 years. Now most people get the majority of their news and information from TV, but TV is the worst medium to get information from. Especially commerical television. Debate and news is broken down into soundbites and 15 to 30 second clips, it is impossible to have a real debate in such a format. There is more analysis on vgchartz then on most news programs these days. End long rant.

If you can, and you should, then you must.

Around the Network
ioi said:
Yeah I know what Myspace is, I just don't know what he means by make this a myspace. As you say this is a videogame website with some user content.

Would people like the idea of being able to add stuff like that to profiles? (Note that you actually can already in your "about me" box, a bit like Myspace, you can also add friends, comment, add picture albums etc etc)...

yeah give us the features like a myspace but i dont no how many ppl on here care about that bc

1. they have 1 already

2. they dont want 1 on here and thats why they dont have a myspace 

If this is to be set up like myspace, lets get the security features, like only allowing friends to view pictures, ill post more again!

ioi, improvments can always be made, but personally I'd hate to see vgcharts turn into a myspace clone. I know that's not your intention, but hearing this just makes me think of the cluttered, rambling mess that is myspace with crappy music/videos loading up when you check someone's profile out.

One thing I would like to see is a stored set of selectable(videogame-related) icons for use as avatars here. I think most that I have saw here do a pretty good job with selecting their avatars, but it would help keep things game-related and keep the site "professional" looking. Like I said, most here do a good job, but as the site grows I think we'll be seeing more and more non-gaming, offensive, and cheap-looking avatars. Probably isn't going to be a popular suggestion, but it never hurts to try. :)

"I feel like I could take on the whole Empire myself."

http://www.myspace.com/zisserman

http://www.myspace.com/bigmikeandco