By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WiiFit is the Rip-off.

Well as some one who actually played the game. The game was more akin to a work out video. There was no input device. You just watched and carried out the exercises. And you entered your data with standard controller.

Now I haven't played wii fit... But it supposedly tracks your movement accurately and such. So in fact, there is input to the game and some games are dependent on your input to do well.

I think there are familiarities....called fitness.

Around the Network

It was poorly stated, but the point of the OP is that Wii Fit didn't actually create its own genre.

That doesn't mean that it isn't a huge advancement of that genre and the biggest release that genre has ever seen.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

eatrice said:
Well as some one who actually played the game. The game was more akin to a work out video. There was no input device. You just watched and carried out the exercises. And you entered your data with standard controller.

Now I haven't played wii fit... But it supposedly tracks your movement accurately and such. So in fact, there is input to the game and some games are dependent on your input to do well.

I think there are familiarities....called fitness.

Which is what EyeToy Kinetics does:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Au4d5anfjnA

@ famousringo

I poorly stated that it was a Lifestyle genre ?

I went as far as to say it was just a virtual exercise routine a la
The Ghost of RubangB's response stating it's similar to watching a DvD.

If you go to the official site, they say it isn't playable by DvD player.

Oh well guess Wiihate month is going on still, all I know is my hardcore highdef guy is now thinking of getting a Wii >.> Amazingly it wasn't because of Wiifit blame Nintendo Channel for that one.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
@ famousringo

I poorly stated that it was a Lifestyle genre ?

I went as far as to say it was just a virtual exercise routine a la
The Ghost of RubangB's response stating it's similar to watching a DvD.

If you go to the official site, they say it isn't playable by DvD player.

Oh well guess Wiihate month is going on still, all I know is my hardcore highdef guy is now thinking of getting a Wii >.> Amazingly it wasn't because of Wiifit blame Nintendo Channel for that one.

Psst, you're not the OP. ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

How come the OP doesn´t get banned for his trolling?

This is the second time he trolls about Wiifit being a ripoff, first in another thread and now he creates a thread to continue the trolling???

I´ve asked for some proof about the ripoff but he doesn´t come up with something legit.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Words Of Wisdom said:
stof said:
This calls for some blame.

You're still here?  Nooooo!

I leave at midnight. That's 9 and a half hours of me! and it'll be the slowest 9 and a half hours of your life.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

no it isn't - Wii fit is 12312312 times better

You might think its a rip off but its actually very good, it all depends on if you can be arsed getting up and actually doing something instead of sitting on your backside pretending to be a gangster, anyway Microsoft will only go and copy it and call it the X-Board, after all Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

And the winner is... well we know who won this round.