By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Seattle Informer loves the 360 - 12 Reasons why GTA IV is better on the 360

Skeeuk said:

lol is all i can say, its a load of lies.

ive said it before and il say it again, the overwhelming majority of reviewers say the ps3 version looks and runs better

why dont they just accept it and move on

The 360 Fans are in denial and can not accept that " PS3 VERSION IS MARGINALLY BETTER THAN THE 360 VERSION".

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Skeeuk said:

ive said it before and il say it again, the overwhelming majority of reviewers say the ps3 version looks and runs better

The 360 Fans are in denial and can not accept that " PS3 VERSION IS MARGINALLY BETTER THAN THE 360 VERSION".

PS3 version is better. You happy?:)

people stop complaining bout this dumb game man. Some games are better on x360 like NFL. and some are better on the PS3 like GTAIV. period, the reviewers said it and the ps3 version has the higher rating so why are you all still trying to convince people that the x360 is better it is not so get over yourself, who ever agrees with the first post and whoever origionaly wrote it

worst. article. ever.

Rock on 2008 you always have crap to say about microsoft ...

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

Around the Network
Spectrumglr said:

that's not correct...every HDTV has a scaler...and virtually no TV accept a 720p without the need of scaling (it's just a question of numeber of pixel...so you have 2 alternatives:

CRT TVs have no need for scalers, because they can display a set of resolutions natively. Consider the differences between a CRT monitor and an LCD monitor.

Many older CRTs are 1080i, but not 720p compatible. So, yes, I was exactly correct in my statement. And, in fact, this was a big part of the stink that came about when the PS3 was released.

Actually the ana chip doesn't do any scaling at all, it's the GPU that does the scaling and no it's not software based it's a hardware scaler but located in the GPU no the ana chip, the ana chip just handles the video output.

You're wrong, Jake.  The GPU doesn't do scaling, it renders.  That rendered output is then scaled, (h)ANA, to the desired output resolution. 

Rock_on_2008 said:
Skeeuk said:

why are you getting your feelings hurt? its just some guys opinion. you think its better on ps3, he thinks its better on the 360....the end. 

The article is optimistic...
but i agree that the XBOX360 version is the best...

whoahh people!

Who said GTA IV was better on the PS3?

Yeah the image is a little clearer due to the trick Rock Star used, but which servers havn't had trouble hosting multiplayer matches? and the better online implentation?

Which version allows custom soundtrack?

Which version freez... which version already needed a patch to fix  (ehhe)

Which version is suppose to get DLC?

Which version has achievements?

Both versions have their strenght, yes the PS3 versions looks better, but the 360 version has more to offer and his more reliable (unless your 360 RROD's... Ah!)

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:

whoahh people!

Who said GTA IV was better on the PS3?

Yeah the image is a little clearer due to the trick Rock Star used, but which servers havn't had trouble hosting multiplayer matches? and the better online implentation?

Which version allows custom soundtrack?

Which version freez... which version already needed a patch to fix (ehhe)

Which version is suppose to get DLC?

Which version has achievements?

Both versions have their strenght, yes the PS3 versions looks better, but the 360 version has more to offer and his more reliable (unless your 360 RROD's... Ah!)

Ps3 is "supposed" to get achievements and some form of DLC in much the same way microsoft is. and it has free online. and the PS3 version has been fixed, so the issue of reliability is much more of a concern on the 360 for obvious reasons.

oh yeah, IGN said the PS3 version of GTA was better, i think i'll take their opinion over some guy who works for a blog.