By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Christmas 2008 is going to be one for the ages

starcraft said:
kingofwale said:
no offense, but last year was better overall.

Yes, this year PS3 will do ALOT better than it did last year. but look at last year near the end.

Xbox: Halo 4, CoD4, AC, Rockband, Mass Effect, BioShock.
PS3: CoD4, AC, Uncharted.
Wii: SMG.

Frankly, last year was a great year software wise for 360. Let's see how they will do this year without that huge of a lineup of games.

I know huh? Somehow it'll have to cope with an even bigger line-up of games!

Gears 2, Fable 2, CoD5, Banjo Kazooie 3, Ninja Gaiden 2, GTAIV, Too Human, Alan Wake.

Whatever will it do?

==> Xbox360 2007 line-up was better

Time to Work !

Around the Network

I think Starcraft was talking about GTA4 DLC which after pouring 30 hours in the game already, I seriously cant wait for more details.

Are you guys sure COD5 is not coming out this year?

Oh and I wouldnt discount Halo Wars so flippantly either.

From Wikipedia:

Call of Duty 5 will be the fifth installment of the series (ninth, counting expansion packs) and was confirmed on December 2.[4] It is expected in Fall 2008 and will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, as well as on PlayStation 2 and PC.[5][6]

Tom Clancy's EndWar will be over 2 million for the Xbox and about 1 mil for ps3

To those of you arguing about the 360s holiday 08 lineup compared to last years, realize not everyone likes shooters. It doesn't matter how good a shooter is, its still a boring shooter that might possibly be well enough done for me to buy it but no shooter will ever be my favorite game.

So personally, I think that just having fable 2 out makes the lineup better. And whats with the guy who seems to know the review score for Too human? How would you know?

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network
kingofwale said:
no offense, but last year was better overall.

Yes, this year PS3 will do ALOT better than it did last year. but look at last year near the end.

Xbox: Halo 4, CoD4, AC, Rockband, Mass Effect, BioShock.
PS3: CoD4, AC, Uncharted.
Wii: SMG.

Frankly, last year was a great year software wise for 360. Let's see how they will do this year without that huge of a lineup of games.

Whoa, way to skew that list. You left Ratchet and Rock Band off the PS3 list while BioShock released in August and Halo September.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

I can really see Banjo 3 being a killer title this xmas for the kiddies.

Can someone list all the titles coming out around xmas time for the ps3 and 360?

Personally, i think the 360 has got the best overall lineup .

Gears, fable 2, banjo 3, too human, halo wars are all very different games and appeal to a wide range of gamers.

360 lineup looks very good to me!

November/December 2007 releases last year:
Xbox:CoD4, AC, Rockband, Mass Effect, Guitar Hero 3
PS3: CoD4, AC, Uncharted, Ratchet and Clank, Guitar Hero 3
Wii: SMG, Guitar Hero 3

*Fixed

EaglesEye379 said:

From Wikipedia:

Call of Duty 5 will be the fifth installment of the series (ninth, counting expansion packs) and was confirmed on December 2.[4] It is expected in Fall 2008 and will be available on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii, DS, as well as on PlayStation 2 and PC.[5][6]

I can't find the link right now but Treyarch announced they are upping their development schedule from 9 months to 2 years.  COD5 is not a 2008 release unless they started working on it almost 2 years ago.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Over 7 months until Xmas 2008. That is wishing your life away.
Every Xmas is huge regarding sales as expected.