By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

*Minor Spoiler follows*

Vyse became available, as I supposed.

PSN - hanafuda

Around the Network

Don't know if you're saving this for another update but the info has been out for 4 days and I figured it's time to spread some good news. ^_^

With over 50 customizable characters, sweeping music and the aforementioned gorgeous visuals, we're pretty excited about Valkyria Chronicles. We were also very happy to learn that both the original Japanese language track and the dubbed English track will be available when the game is released in the US. Hopefully that release comes soon, because we can't wait to get our hands on a copy of the game and jump right into this intriguing RPG.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/874/874123p2.html

Yay for blu-ray.

Some images of the Limited Edition.
The package comes with a toy figurine of the heroine and the tank.
The tank is motorized.

http://blogs.vandal.net/769/ for more pics and a vid of the toy tank in motorized action.

Also hanafuda, please use the black marker to mask spoilers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

the tank = pure awesomeness

I'm playing this game at the moment, in chapter 13 (out of 18).. The story of this game is VERY GOOD.... sad, happy, all poured into one :). The battle is not hard to master, but hard to get perfect score :), and quite challenging too.

thumbs up, definitely the best JRPG for this year :)

Ratix240sx said:
This and Yakuza Kenzan are why I'm buying a PS3

Has Yakuza 2 even come out in the US yet?  I'd be worried about it making the translation jump.  I forget if I saw it or Yakuza 2 in the store a few months back.  I regret not getting it.

Around the Network

:O

I want that special edition!

@kasz: Yakuza came out at least a year ago in the US, and Yakuza 2 should be coming out sometime later this year.

Lafiel said:
the tank = pure awesomeness
haha, I thought it sucked.
I've seen faster toys in a McDonald Happy meal.
And it's so loud(Though I guess that does give the toy a more authentic feel).

ronaldhw said:
I'm playing this game at the moment, in chapter 13 (out of 18).. The story of this game is VERY GOOD.... sad, happy, all poured into one :). The battle is not hard to master, but hard to get perfect score :), and quite challenging too.

thumbs up, definitely the best JRPG for this year :)

Welcome to VGC ronaldhw.
Thanks for the preview.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

Continuing tradition, the Japanese still get the best special editions... doesn't matter if it's video games or cars.

Demon's Souls Official Thread  | Currently playing: Left 4 Dead 2, LittleBigPlanet 2, Magicka

makingmusic476 said:
:O

I want that special edition!

@kasz: Yakuza came out at least a year ago in the US, and Yakuza 2 should be coming out sometime later this year.
I'll probably be picking up the special edition aswell. ^_^

@Kasz
September 08 to be precise- if IGN's date can be trusted.

ameratsu said:
Continuing tradition, the Japanese still get the best special editions... doesn't matter if it's video games or cars.

True.  Though it makes me happy, since i know i may be gulliable to buy a special edition here or there if we got them.  This is one of those special editions i'd really consider.