By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

mibuokami said:
How do you guys play FPS on console?

I don't. 

Well, October 31 is a really big day, so many games coming out. Personally I'll be picking up at least three; LBP, Valkyria, and Thunderforce VI. I'll probably get the NA version of alkyria though, so may have to wait a few days.

Around the Network
mibuokami said:
How do you guys play FPS on console? It drives me nut, I feel like hurling my D-pad through my TV after a few minute of play, i don't think I can ever get use to the control setup...

The EU launch schedule better parrallel Australia or I will be a very sad Panda.

Eh, I can play well enough with either analog sticks or mouse/kb.  Tbh, I'm not all that into shooters, and it's usually the non-shooting elements that'll draw me in, like R2's bosses, or KZ2's artstyle.

I'd probably buy Gears if I had a 360 (heard the PC version wasn't all that), but other than that, there's not much in the genre that interests me.

makingmusic476 said:
mibuokami said:
How do you guys play FPS on console? It drives me nut, I feel like hurling my D-pad through my TV after a few minute of play, i don't think I can ever get use to the control setup...

The EU launch schedule better parrallel Australia or I will be a very sad Panda.

Eh, I can play well enough with either analog sticks or mouse/kb.  Tbh, I'm not all that into shooters, and it's usually the non-shooting elements that'll draw me in, like R2's bosses, or KZ2's artstyle.

I'd probably buy Gears if I had a 360 (heard the PC version wasn't all that), but other than that, there's not much in the genre that interests me.

Huh? I heard the PC version was the better version.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Kasz216 said:
outlawauron said:
And I must say that the DLC for this game is awesome. Play through the game as the bad guys? Awesome!

What is everyone else's opinion on the new DLC?

i hope we can actually get it?

I don't see why. It's practically free money for Sega. I can't think of reason why not.

@ miboukami and Tbone

I know. It's just very strange for this game to launch earlier in EU where its sales will be the weakest.

Ur probaly right, i wonder what made them to decide to lauch it earlier in Europe.

makingmusic476 said:
I want this game now. :(

But if it came out early in NA, like October 31, for example, I'd be buying WAY too many games all at once. LittleBigPlanet and Eternal Sonata on October 21, then Resistance 2 on November 4.

I think it's funny (and kinda sucks) that the only four games I've been planning to buy for the rest of the year are coming out all at the exact same time. I guarantee you that I'll be playing LBP until well into November.

Have you played the ES demo? I didn't like the battle system, but the game looks very beautiful. The demo saved me a rental.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
makingmusic476 said:
mibuokami said:

Huh? I heard the PC version was the better version.

It has more content but the online system is pretty bad from what I hear.  The online community is also all but dead.

Mirson said:
makingmusic476 said:

But if it came out early in NA, like October 31, for example, I'd be buying WAY too many games all at once. LittleBigPlanet and Eternal Sonata on October 21, then Resistance 2 on November 4.

I think it's funny (and kinda sucks) that the only four games I've been planning to buy for the rest of the year are coming out all at the exact same time. I guarantee you that I'll be playing LBP until well into November.

Have you played the ES demo? I didn't like the battle system, but the game looks very beautiful. The demo saved me a rental.

I've played it.  My only complaint is that I fought nothing but onions the entire time.  It was rather repetitive.

makingmusic476 said:
Mirson said:
makingmusic476 said:

I've played it.  My only complaint is that I fought nothing but onions the entire time.  It was rather repetitive.

What about the boss and the L'Opera Knights? The differents effects of light and dark. You can really mix it up.

Alright, we have some Valkyria coming your way. It's the lovely Alicia featuring some nice gameplay and English voice acting.

She has a nice voice. I like it; it isn't annoying at all.

Also more good news. The thing I've been waiting for: Free Art book when you pre-order at Gamestop!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=4058