By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

sc94597 said:
This game has potential to become my favorite PS3 game. The art direction is amazing. The gameplay sounds good aswell.

I know.  It's astounding to think it's coming from Sega.  I hope this is successful.  I wouldn't seeing more sRPGs.  ^_^

Around the Network
Mirson said:
I've downloaded the two trailers from the PSN store. They look beautiful. I love the art style/graphics of this game. The boxart looks pretty nice; it's better than the Japan box art. When is the release date?

yes the trailer which include gameplay footage are remarkable.

day one purchase for me, this is my rpg im looking forward to this year

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

blazinhead89 said:
This game looks awesome, Man am I gonna be broke this christmas with all the amazing games coming.

me 2

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:
This game has potential to become my favorite PS3 game. The art direction is amazing. The gameplay sounds good aswell.

I know.  It's astounding to think it's coming from Sega.  I hope this is successful.  I wouldn't seeing more sRPGs.  ^_^

Me too, but I doubt it will be.  SRPGs just aren't that big a sub-genre.  Still, I can't wait for the game.

I hope the NA version supports trophies because with so many games coming out at the same time, trophie support is definitly going to be a factor in my decision to buy it or not and right now Resistance 2, Bioshock and LBP all coming out around the same time will support trophies.

And there's really no reason for a game coming out 5 months or so after 2.40 firmware updare not to support them....

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network
makingmusic476 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
This, Little Big Planet and Resistance 2 are the 3 games I plan on buying for my PS3 this year. This game looks so freakin sweet.

No interest in Eternal Sonata?  The port is hitting sometime this Fall, and the music is amazing.  I'll leave that site up for days just listening to the soundtrack in the background.

im glad its got some extras in ps3 version, now where is my white knight story, hurry up march:)

kira hibiki said:
Kasz216 said:
Hm. Question is... do i buy this game and let it sit on a shelf until i get a PS3... or wait in fear it becomes one of those games you have to spend $90 on.

What do you guys think the chances are of that?

I am in the same situation with him but the thing is that I am not getting a PS3 till 3 years later when I am out of National service. Is it worth buying it first and keeping it for 3 years?

Yes, you will help Sega continue making cool games like this. Hopefully they can bring out a next gen Shining Force and Phantasy Star.

If Sega dies, so does the Universe. -_-

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:

I know. It's astounding to think it's coming from Sega. I hope this is successful. I wouldn't seeing more sRPGs. ^_^

Not to mention this is only the 2nd RPG ever to use this kind of battle system.

Kasz216 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:

I know. It's astounding to think it's coming from Sega. I hope this is successful. I wouldn't seeing more sRPGs. ^_^

Which aspect of the battle system are you talking about?

Words Of Wisdom said:
Kasz216 said:
Words Of Wisdom said:
sc94597 said:

Which aspect of the battle system are you talking about?

The live action/aiming aspects.  The only other game i've seen it in didn't inclue a cover system and just a "spotting" system.