By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Official Valkyria Chronicles Thread

outlawauron said:
Hmm, I know hanafuda is a Japanese gamer and has played through it. Maybe he could answer your question kasz.

Also, I updated my first post. Complete with character names, descriptions, and pictures to identify the characters.

what do you think of the Box Art?

Around the Network
Stats87 said:
outlawauron said:
Hmm, I know hanafuda is a Japanese gamer and has played through it. Maybe he could answer your question kasz.

Also, I updated my first post. Complete with character names, descriptions, and pictures to identify the characters.

It's nice. It really shows the difference in the two sides, and the love the details put into the characters and the chaos behind them. Pretty good for the type of game that it is.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Stats87 said:
outlawauron said:

It's nice. It really shows the difference in the two sides, and the love the details put into the characters and the chaos behind them. Pretty good for the type of game that it is.

and what do you think of my new sig? :P

I've downloaded the two trailers from the PSN store. They look beautiful. I love the art style/graphics of this game. The boxart looks pretty nice; it's better than the Japan box art. When is the release date?

November for Europe and fall for NA.

Around the Network

Nice box art, light blue contrasting with pale red. Yet the upper part features these glowing red eyes and in the lower part the uniforms fight back and retain their blue color. I think they´re into something here.

Mirson said:
I've downloaded the two trailers from the PSN store. They look beautiful. I love the art style/graphics of this game. The boxart looks pretty nice; it's better than the Japan box art. When is the release date?

It's november for the US. And late 2008 for Europe. I updated the first of the thread with this and other cool new info. Check it.

Here is an E3 preview via RPGamer.

Very nice. Here is my favorite part:

"The wonderful thing about Valkyria Chronicles is how it delivered the immense joy of masterminding a tactical sweep across a map, taking out enemies one by one and advancing my position, and then capped it off with the satisfaction of lining up a headshot. Oh, and it also let me run over enemy units with a tank."

Yay! Link: http://www.rpgamer.com/event/e3-2008/impressions/valkyria.html (Sorry, my computer is being dumb and it won't let use rich text replay which would allow me to hyperlink.)

makingmusic476 said:
outlawauron said:
Stats87 said:
outlawauron said:

and what do you think of my new sig? :P

Very nice. The two LBP people look almost as they're part of the post.

Do we know yet if we'll have japanese voices?
If my country has native language or japanese language, I'll support the european version. If not, it will probably be the NA one as it will be the less expensive.