By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA4 first day sales not specific?

ok GTA4 sold roughly 3.7 million units in its debut week in America right according to VGchartz? Ok and it sold roughly 6 million worldwide debut week, and 3.6 million worldwide in its first 24 hours ok? So what was GTA4's 24 hour debut in America i find it wierd there has been no official saying of that, i seen the post on this site earlier this week that said it did roughly 2.5 million in its first 24 hours in AMERICA and that roughly 1/4 of the sales were special editions ($90) so that would add to $170million. So my question is, is there an official saying if the 24hour AMERICAN launch beat Halo's $170 million?

Around the Network

good question

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

you do realize this thread is about 'estimate', right? Accurate or not, it's an estimate and I for one rather trust it more than some other garbages on the web.

Don't take the whole "Oh oh, who won???" too seriously, just relax, put down the keyboard and go play your favourite game

trust me, your favourite game won does nothing for you

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

good q, i think it did. First day worldwide, it made $310 mil but dunno for america: http://www.fmtech.co.za/?p=956

But I dont think you can compare american launch with american launch because most sources dont.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

kingofwale you are jumping to conclusions where do you get im making a who won fanboy post? Im just curious as to why Taketwo and Rockstar would not be interested in revealing if the USA 24 hour release beat Halos not that it matters because it does not and could not be compared as to being multi platform and released at a later time but also im just interested to know who made the most money in 24 hours in the USA cuz its kinda wierd to be like "i think GTA4 did the same or more but i dont know for sure" i need to know this just for video game statistics, and im a huge Halo fan and GTA i own both

Around the Network

lol