By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Buy TF2 for $17 or less!

http://slickdeals.net/permadeal/12438/Team-Fortress-2-for-PC-17-or-less

"Buy.com has Team Fortress 2 for PC for $17 with free shipping. [Reviews]. New users to Google Checkout can save another $10 and get it for $7."

This is the PC forum so this'll probably fall off the frontpage in a matter of seconds, but if you liked the free weekend or if you want to get in on the awesome TF2 action, $7 is IMPOSSIBLE to argue with. That's SEVEN AMERICAN DOLLARS (I hear those are cheap now) for the retail TF2.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Argh, curse my 49.2 kbps speed. I can't play this game.

Yeah my speed sucks too. I got the whole Orange Box because I figured it was $50 for Portal (worth every penny) and then an assload of free Valve games. I've played TF2 a couple times and loved it but my lag is too great.

Anybody who doesn't buy it for $7 should just die right now.

I'm also cursing my Internet speed, although I *might* be able to play it anyway. I have been interested in this game and CoD4 for a while.

Just an off-topic question right here, though, since "Google Checkout" pops in here. I hear that some people keep making new accounts on it to get $10 dollars off again and again, but isn't it cheating? I mean, what if they catch you?

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

I assume they know your credit card number...so that wouldn't work...I dunno though.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Speaking of which, in terms of single player and multiplayer, which one is better, TF2 or CoD4? Unless they are drastically different, I prefer to have only one FPS lying around.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

TF2 is only online multiplayer.

That's why it comes in the O-Box with Portal, which is only offline single player.

Best FPS of both worlds.

They are drastically different...

There is no single player in TF2, it is a strictly online multiplayer game. And COD4's single player is pretty awesome.

That said, if you can only have one FPS...it's a hard choice. I would honestly take TF2 over COD4, because while COD4 has single player and the multiplayer is rock solid, I find TF2 to be much more addicting, fun with friends (as well as random players, people actually chat and have fun, given the style of the game), and well balanced.

Then again, if it's a hard choice, consider that TF2 is 7 dollars here compared to COD4 at 50.

edit:  @RubangB, and Half Life 2, HL2: Ep1, and HL2: Ep2, which are considered the real "single player" games in the OB. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Well yeah... but... ya know... Portal.

Since I shot portals it's been kinda hard to go back to shooting baddies.

At least, until that zombie one they're working on.

Oh you mean the one in my sig?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM