By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - WE WANT BALANCE!! Mods actions are either non existent or out of control...

Clearly with the recent mod actions, the mods have been told that they need to crackdown on the forums... well thats great and all but you guys arn't consistent. One week everything is allowed, and the next members get banned for the slightest infraction without warning.

We have no clue what threads will get locked or which one won't or what comments/infractions will get you banned

Its like having a Schizoprenic boss and not knowing what the hell will get you fired.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

"Clearly with the recent mod actions"

gebx, I haven´t shown up here often...what do you mean by 'recent mod actions'?

I don't think that's as much mod's faults as the fault of those posting in threads. there's a very specific group right now *coughgtaivcough* that seems to not be able to handle any criticism, even if its posed as an opinion, or not even about them, and label anything in this category as stealth trolling and flame the threads until they get closed down.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

hrm....

This should be good.

what have I missed?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network

Like ban comments provided by mods, I think that they should also be providing comments as to why they are locking a particular thread. There have been a few threads recently that have been locked, where there appeared to be no justification for doing so.

gebx said:

Clearly with the recent mod actions, the mods have been told that they need to crackdown on the forums... well thats great and all but you guys arn't consistent. One week everything is allowed, and the next members get banned for the slightest infraction without warning.

We have no clue what threads will get locked or which one won't or what comments/infractions will get you banned

Its like having a Schizoprenic boss and not knowing what the hell will get you fired.

I agree, i have seen twestern(sp?) warn people for things like saying bad things about an article which is just stupid.

DKII has been banning people for any anti-wii comment.  I love my Wii but some of the comments were not evn bad yet he went on a fanboy tirade and banned people. 

Arcturus said:
Like ban comments provided by mods, I think that they should also be providing comments as to why they are locking a particular thread. There have been a few threads recently that have been locked, where there appeared to be no justification for doing so.

SSj usually justifies a ban and a locked thread, dunno bout the rest of the mods.

yeah, the banning has been unbalanced lately, but it's seems to be the same people getting ban over and over again.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Montana hatchet locked down one of my threads, but I sent him a PM rationally asking him to reconsider and so he opened it up again, but then nothing was done to stop the few people who constantly assaulted the thread so it ended up getting locked again due to the flames.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her