By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Left 4 Dead - New Infected Information

Yeah, it's a PC shooter, but this game is going to be AMAZING.  Apparently it's going to be on 360 too?

If you consider yourself a gamer at all, and you still haven't read up on the new Source zombie game, read up:

http://www.left4dead411.com/left-4-dead-preview-index

It's among my top 5 most anticipated games of '07...hands down. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Why will it be amazing?

Ok, I'm tired, and I didn't really feel like explaining why it's amazing...did you read the article at all?

There's a short video too, though not a ton of gameplay footage yet...the hands-on preview is extremely detailed though.

The game is an incredibly well-thought-out cooperative zombie game that pits 4 Survivors (humans) against a horde of zombies, including special "boss infected" zombies controlled by players.

You basically need to get from point A to point B as a Survivor, and teamwork is vital to survive.

Zombies don't spawn in pre-determined places, I'll copy and paste a description:

"At the core of Left 4 Dead's gameplay is a set of technologies we refer to as "The Director." Whether you're playing a game with 8 humans filling out the available roles or playing in "single player" mode, The Director is in charge of monitoring the pacing of the game. So, for example, if your team has been bombarded with Infected hordes and bosses, The Director will schedule a break in the action. If your team is chewing through Infected like bubble gum, The Director will send a few Boss Infected your way, and so on. And all of this is done procedurally to insure no play sessions are alike -- there are no triggers, generators, special flags, or other human-placed information in the environment that specify where to place the Infected. As a result, the Survivor team can never predict when or where they will encounter anything."

Physics will be great, graphics will be top-notch, extremely useful voice communications, and just a well-rounded multiplayer game, that's going to keep me and my friends busy for months, and also scare the crap outta me.

I don't feel like repeating everything the article says, just read it instead of asking weird questions. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Nobody else is excited for this game? I suppose there a lot of console-only gamers here...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

I'm excited man, this is definitely one of the top shooters on my list this year. Gonna get it on the 360, imagine playing as a zombie... it's gonna be fuckin sweet.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!