By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Internet on The Xbox 360!

I just found this article

For years man has wondered how do I get Internet on my Xbox 360? Today you will need to look no further! I have found a way to have a Internet browser run on the Xbox 360 without no illegal modifications! You must have the following for this to work:

1. An Xbox 360 with a Internet Connection (Duh!)
  2. Windows OS (XP SP2, Vista)
  3. Windows Media Center hooked up

Steps to follow:

1. Install Windows Media Center Extender on your Xbox 360 using the following guide
  2. Download and install this program
  3. Once the program is installed check to see it works fine on your PC by doing the following:
  • Open up Windows Media Center
  • Scroll over to “Online Media” and enter the “Program Library” Menu
  • The first program you see their should be called “Browser”, enter it and test it out!

4. Repeat the process on your Xbox 360

Their you have it, a web browser for your Xbox 360, have fun! I have not tested out everything in the browser yet but at least it works! I don’t see why Microsoft would say anything since we are not modifying anything.

The “PC world” knows about this program and its wonders, so I am assuming someone may have tried it on a Xbox 360 already. But a majority of Xbox 360 owners are clueless.

Just a tip: To type press “Y” to open up a virtual Keyboard, maybe a real one will work as well.

Please Digg this, and if you like it then please donate to the site

Note: Now please stop hassling Microsoft over something the 360 already has

Digg This

Update 1:

It seems like this doesn’t save files, but I have only tried one site so maybe others will have better luck, this means you are safe from spam, viruses, etc

http://segafanclubblog.com/2008/05/04/internet-on-the-xbox-360/

Around the Network

not really worth your while, a PS3 or Wii does a better job without breaking a sweat.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

yea not really worth it. i only really use the ps3 browser for youtube and i check updates on themes. but since u cant download anything its pretty pointless.

Why was this not implemented from the get go?

These are one of the things MS has failed to implement on their console. Its not even wirelss out of the box. Note. im not bashing but just stating that it should have been a no brain for ms to do this.

Around the Network

lol @ the 360

i can reply and make threads here from the ps3 watch streaming movies from most sites

lol i can even do it all on remote play whti the psp :)

yep that right i can be in a starbucks at iraq and hook up remote play whit my ps3 in america and then reply too aa thread saying the 360 has a major sortage and thats why its falling behind in sales

lol! XP

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

justforeggs said:

yep that right i can be in a starbucks at iraq and hook up remote play whit my ps3 in america and then reply too aa thread saying the 360 has a major sortage and thats why its falling behind in sales

lol! XP
That may be true, but is your concern really going to be whether you can remote play to your PS3 if you're sitting in a Starbucks in Iraq? I'd have other things on my mind.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

id rather have something built in rather than messing about!

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

this is cool but the xbox doesn't really need it.
the fact that the xbox doesn't include the wireless adaptor helps keep xbox prices down.

wii and ps3 does do a better job.
my computer does it even better:)

Fonzerelli said:
not really worth your while, a PS3 or Wii does a better job without breaking a sweat.
None of them are worth it. Thats what a pc is for. What do you think we are all bloody typing on.