By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How a "Nintendo" ruins your children

£150 for a DS and Twenty games.. I smell Piracy

Around the Network

Bwahahaha, don't come whining to us because you have poor parenting skills, don't even comprehend videogames and have a strange fixation on tight, structured schedules lady.

Good god, that sounds like a tyranny. What a horrible mother.

I submitted the following comment to the article:

"You've got to be kidding me! Any decent parent would be able to limit their child's intake of 'Nintendo', while still allowing them to experience other activities. To blame something on an inanimate object is just plain lazy, YOU are responsible for your child's behavior, and it is not the fault of a Video Game. I know plenty of parents who simply limit their child's intake of entertainment and maintain a healthy balance. Just because you cannot do that does not mean that the medium is the problem.

Your lack of parenting ability in no way proves an electronic device is bad."

We'll see if they publish it.

wow! what an incredible finding. buy a toy and tell 4 kids they have to share it and there are bound to be problems no matter what it is (as long as its cool). there wouldn't have been any fighting if the cheap bitch would have just bought 4 DS.

My family, when I was little had a very similar attitude towards gaming, but my parents finally caved. They were smart enough though to buy us each our own. We never had any problems whatsoever and after we got our first gaming device (Gameboy FTW!), my dad bought us a PS1 for me graduating from elementry school. lol. and my mom secretly behind dads back chipped in $150 for a PS2 at launch, because she was just amazed at how awesome the graphics were on Madden 01. lol.

Around the Network

I know of 20 submissions sent already, including my own, and none are published. In fact, no comments have been published at all.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Another article writed by a genius...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Does she really think that the problem with the her kids was caused by the DS? OMG, that is just stupid.

Let's see, four little children with only one DS. I wonder how that is gonna turn out. Freakin' idiot. With four kids, I would have at least bought two. On top of that she is complaining about her kids not doing other things anymore. Ummm, hello, you're the parent. Schedule video game / other time as you see fit. What, she had no control anymore with the one DS in the family? again...freakin' idiot.

BTW, I also submitted a comment. Lets' see if any get posted.

Vacuum said:
£150 for a DS and Twenty games.. I smell Piracy

I'm glad I'm not the only one who had that thought. 

Buying a single toy for 4 children that they all want to play with is going to cause trouble no matter what you do or what the toy is.  It's simply not an intelligent parental choice. 

I really wish newspapers and the news in general didn't exist. As Walter Kronkite said, "if it bleeds it leads" and this leads, never mind the fact that old people, women etc etc have found a new hobby, that new games like brain training are helping people. Bloody British press.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions