By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I got my Forza 2 copy today

Do you guys who own the game all have racing wheels? I played this game at a kiosk at Software Etc. and I couldn't even drive in a straight line with the standard 360 controller. The steering was WAAAAYYYYYYYY too twitchy, and I'm a longtime fan of racing games. I think it would be a lot easier to play with an actual wheel. I have GT4 and the Logitech DFP, unfortunately my DFP has broken pedals. :(

Around the Network

I have a real car and can go out in it for real, I don't need to sit in front of the TV and pretend 

Read it and weep you little virtual boy racers

gebx said:
fooflexible said:

I find Forza 2 about as boring as every other racing sim. That btw isn't an insult, I just hate the genre, but what I find amazing about Forza 2 that I've never seen any other game get even close to is the paint job option. It basically has no end to the paint jobs that can be acheived, in fact you can simply paint cars for a living and sell them online, and buy more cars and continue. Check out this awesome clip what some people are doing in Japan:

http://kotaku.com/gaming/clip/the-amazing-japanese-forza-2-paint-jobs-264030.php

1 - I love the fact that one car had a person holding a Wiimote and nunchuck painted on it's roof

Not just any person, but the president of Nintendo, Reggie Fils-aime.

a.l.e.x59 said:
What is Forza 2? Another ordinary racing game?

Sigh...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Is watching that 6 minute video more boring or less boring than the actual game!! I've heard of 'watching paint dry' a term for boredom but not 'watching paint after it's dried'!!

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:

I have a real car and can go out in it for real, I don't need to sit in front of the TV and pretend

Do you also have access to 300 other vehicles, and access to race with your friends on any racing circuit you choose whenever you want?

Racing games, like pretty much any sports game, are either a love or hate thing. I don't begrudge anyone that dislikes racing sims. I personally didn't really get into them until GT3 came out and got hooked on GT3, then got FM1, now FM2. There are tons of cool aspects, but like any sports game, or even RPG, if you don't like what the game offers, you never will. Having said that, I am loving each minute I'm playing more and more. I'm probably going to build myself a VGChartz.com car to show everyone. The photo mode is INSANE. I mean, INSANE. You can see all the pictures you want, but there's nothing like the real-time photo mode to where the entire race stops, and you get to take a picture. Even a stock Chevy Cobalt looks cool going 150mph around the Speedway. I don't use a racing wheel, and I don't have a problem. However, I've used a controller since......Top Gear 3000 for SNES. It's not too bad, but you have to get used to it. I would LOVE to play this game on a 50" Plasma Screen with the racing wheel + pedals. That'd be my 2nd most wanted/immersive experience next to the F-16 Falcon 4.0 simulator that alot of the Falcon 4.0 junkies have made (which even puts that $7500 Forza 2 simulator to shame). llew - you can race all you want, but my copy of Forza 2 was $60, and I don't have to pay for gas!!! I've already got the vast majority of the cheapo achievements. The only 2 easy ones left are "start in 8th place and win at 1st place" and "win with the lowest point class in the race". I've already got the full simulation achievement, lapping achivement, ect.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

llewdebkram said:

And I have a 140hp limited edition race Ducati SPS. That doesn't stop me from enjoying running a buddy driving a virtual McLaren F1 off the track at 180mph. 

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Oh, and I'm not using a wheel for this game... Yet. If I get into it seriously online, I'll pick one up. Until then, no real point. I'm doing a pretty good job of handing the computer its ass with a controller.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Entroper said:
Do you guys who own the game all have racing wheels? I played this game at a kiosk at Software Etc. and I couldn't even drive in a straight line with the standard 360 controller. The steering was WAAAAYYYYYYYY too twitchy, and I'm a longtime fan of racing games. I think it would be a lot easier to play with an actual wheel. I have GT4 and the Logitech DFP, unfortunately my DFP has broken pedals. :(

I don't have a wheel.

As for the twitchy thing, it's probably just the car. All the cars handle differently, and on top of that you can tune the car, upgrade parts, etc.  Some cars just handle better then others...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)