By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii-Fanboy Review of Grand Theft Auto IV

Zenfoldor scores: (My scores)

Resident Evil 4: 9.5 (around 9)

Super Mario Galaxy: 9.5 (around 9)

Ocarina of Time: 10 (around 9)

GTAIV: 9.5 (around 9)

^Ridiculous you are comparing 4 games of a different genre. Overall I say all games are great games and thoroughly deserve a score of 9 out of 10. No game ever deserves a 10. No game is perfect, end of story.

Around the Network

I finally got to see this game over the weekend. Are the colors meant to be dull or does my friend have the color settings screwed up?

Everything was gray gray gray.

Bark said:
I finally got to see this game over the weekend. Are the colors meant to be dull or does my friend have the color settings screwed up?

How much did you watch? If it was at night and he had the gama turned up (so he could see), it looks very gray. It also looks gray when it's raining. Otherwise he has his TV screwed up.

Thanks for the review Zen. I have also played all 4 of those games. Of all 4 of those gams, I found GTA4 the most fun, so I guess that means I personally would put it on top. I first played RE4 on the Wii, and actually hated it. Not a big fan. SMG is ok, I only got about half way through it though, and have no desire to pick it up again. OoT I finished, and it was fun, but nothing I went to bed dreaming about (I do that when I play a good game, Tetris haunted me for years :p).

I am an old gamer (been playing games for 30 years, all the way back to pong), and not often does a game come along and remind me what's great about gaming. GTA4 is one of those games. The last game before that to do it? WoW. Before that? Diablo.

You can see how rare it is for me.

Anyway, great review. I am glad you liked the game. If you have access to a PS3, you might want to try R&C. Every self proclaimed Wii fanboy I know loves that game.

Quick question. What game would you recommend for the Wii that you think I would like? (based on what I have said here). I bought a Wii for WiiFit, and have only tried a few games on it. None of them have really done it for me. I was thinking about NMH, but for all the reasons I never really liked a previous GTA game, I stayed clear of that one.

@ OP....Comparing three average Nintendo games to one great PS3 game. You have to be joking. GTA IV wins hands down.

Only 9.5? Fanboys sigh.....

J/K =p.

Around the Network

@I_own_a_PS3

I know your just trolling, but in case you really didn't know... RE4 is multi-plat, and not a Nintendo game.

Awesome review Zen.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

TheRealMafoo said:
Bark said:

How much did you watch? If it was at night and he had the gama turned up (so he could see), it looks very gray. It also looks gray when it's raining. Otherwise he has his TV screwed up.

I watched a full night and day.  It didn't rain at all.  There were colors but they seemed faint.  Other games look great on his system though.  I'll play with the settings next time. 

NIce review ZEn...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Lol nobody under 21 should play this game?? maybe 18 bro this ain't the alcohol law....
ill be 20 in a few weeks...I think am mature enough to handle this, as ive been playing it since its release....