By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - America, Land of control!

How many will read this rant, it has nothing to do with videogames. It has everything to do with taxes and money you should be getting to buy them/whatever you want.

What happened to freedom of speech? Remember 2 live crew in the 90's/late 80's

How about video game censorship?

Why did we come to Plymoth Rock? To practice freedom of speech, freedom of expression, and DAMN IT to escape the Damned Taxes!

I am going to get off on a rant, so here it goes, My, great great....to sum it up, great grandfather

(Matthew Thornton)

was a signer of the Declaration of Independance and politicaly astute person..1714June 24, 1803), was a signer of the United States Declaration of Independence as a representative of New Hampshire. He and descendants, like myself have been very active in organizations. We have been involved in the Free masons for hundreds of years, The last 50 years or so we have strayed away.

Our very first president, good ole George Washington. The colonies wanted to elect him King of amaerica. George declined, He said let this be a democracy, where we will have a vote, and the persons running for office will return to the job once they came before the presidency. George wanted it to be a person running who thinks they can lead this country to greatness. NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST they were not to take any pension either.

Now we still have ex-presidents living that we are still paying for. What the hell?One of my friends knows how political I am. I also am the last dying breed of humans/Amaericans that believes 1 person can make a difference!

Look at Gandhi, On eperson!

Too often we get wrapped up in our daily events, not caring for our fellow worker or our fellow american. Matthew thornton emmigrated to the US. My grandparents emmigrated to Germany , by way of Russia during the Bolshevik Revolution. My grandfather was ridiculed and made fun of because he spoke German. like my ancestor Matthew thornton, they both migrated here.

My grandfather had to LEARN ENGLISH, when they came to America! What is this country coming to? you can't get a job unless you are bi-lingual, lets talk about our tax dollars once again.  Lets talk the UN, foreign policy, We fund everything, and when we run out of money the damn government prints more off and runs us in more debt. Thomas jefferson said it best "Commerce with all nations, and alliance with none should be our policy. We continue to support Governors,Senators and ex presidents on their pension when they leave office. Lets stop it, cut back on government.

I am not racist, and this is what is horrible, People complain but do not want to get together and do anything about it. and also Martin Luther King was just one person, he made a difference.

I betcha when he said he had a dream, his second dream was that everyone in america spoke english!!!!!

My friends know that I am a different political type, More along American Heritage/Independant/radical.

My friend sent me this link on youtube, I have been following this presidential candidate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWfIhFhelm8

If you do not like my post, well thats the beauty of america, all sorts of types.

Around the Network

So what brought this on?

Good question, this was brought on by the link my friend sent me. Followed with the fact that I have been a Director for childrens charity and raising money to care for childrens transplants etc. It sickens me that we as americans have our checks taxed before we even see it. This could help with the hungry, the poor, OURSELVES!

Think about what you could do if you got to keep the majority of your paycheck. The government thinks you wouldnt know how to save or spend! I would be able to help more people with more money.

Everyone else on here could afford to buy more games if thats your fancy! How would you like to buy 4- 5 games per month? anyone?

I couldn't agree with your politics less. Infact I'm not even sure any of what you said just made sense... But at least you care about something. That's refreshing.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Around the Network

I think that people from US do not know what they have, It is very different from here, I wish that Venezuela could have the harmony, the peace that most of people of US have. By the way, the world have been falling into corruption and money, you are not alone.  Good luck.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Stoff, thats the neauty, the ability to disagree! And venezuela, well I just wish peace upon all. I have said it before, 1 person can make a difference!

This is about taxes? Do you know what are taxes are used for (supposed to be used for at least)? Have you thought about how this country would be without taxes? It would be a shit hole. There are many countries out there that have higher tax rates.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

dpmnymkrprez said:
Stoff, thats the neauty, the ability to disagree! And venezuela, well I just wish peace upon all. I have said it before, 1 person can make a difference!
 I couldn't agree more dpmnymkprez. I've even tried to be that one person. I ran in The Canadian Federal Election of 2006 for the NDP.

See!  

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

Well I don't necessarily agree that taxes should be abolished as the government needs to control some agencies and social needs of the people, therefore it needs to make money. We also need a strong military to ensure our way of life, within our own borders. Granted, US spends way to much on a lot of other shit and the overall system needs to be overhauled, but, a complete loss of all taxes is kinda stupid. A major reduction, yes, along as it coincided with a major balancing and reduction in various unneeded agencies and money pits. As for Ron Paul...I voted Green 8 years ago, Demo 4 years ago (mostly because I hated bush, actually liked Wesley Clark better)...he does have some good ideas, but some I think are unrealistic. Also, do you know his stance on Israel and if he receives loads of money from AIPAC (Jewish Lobby, second largest lobby in US)? Also what amount of soft money does he receive? This is one area that needs to be removed in our politics in general. Politicians should not be allowed these 'gifts' or bribes from companies and individuals. One of the reasons I like Nader. He has never received any soft monies and would complete make them illegal if he were to be president. Anywho, I respect your opinions and keep voting, that is the whole point to a Democracy.