By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Activision Addresses Wii Third-Party Debate

Until I start seeing software announcements, I just take this stuff with a grain of salt.

Around the Network

Konami is the only company that hasn't given Ninty solid support yet. Capcom, Namco/Bandai, Tecmo, SquareEnix - are all doing it.

If Konami comes over (MGS, Silent Hill, Suikoden, etc..) then the shift in industry support is complete.

EDIT - although the thread died out, the "Next games coming to the Wii" announcements have been as hot as ever. Its been a rare day that a game has NOT been announced for the Wii. Its only going to take a few more months (till after Xmas), and the writing will have moved from the wall to financial statements.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Konami is the only company that hasn't given Ninty solid support yet. Capcom, Namco/Bandai, Tecmo, SquareEnix - are all doing it.

If Konami comes over (MGS, Silent Hill, Suikoden, etc..) then the shift in industry support is complete.

EDIT - although the thread died out, the "Next games coming to the Wii" announcements have been as hot as ever. Its been a rare day that a game has NOT been announced for the Wii. Its only going to take a few more months (till after Xmas), and the writing will have moved from the wall to financial statements.

Well, Capcom, Namco/bandai, Tecmo, and SE haven't specifically stated it, but they have anounced a lot of Wii game developments.  But, just taking a look through the Wii game list

Capcom has the 2 RE games, so it seems to me they are testing the waters.  Your right though not a whole lot from them at the moment.  Similarly though they only have a couple games scheduled for the PS3 as well.

Namco hasn't anounced anything but I counted 13 exclusives anounced from them on the Wii games list.  Only 4 PS3 games.

Tecmo recently anounced Rygar, which could be HUGE.  Again, similar level of support to the PS3 (the only anounced game is Ninja Gaiden Sigma).  Technically more Wii support since it's actually a new Wii game rather than just a remake.

SE not THAT many but they are putting a lot of time into FF:CC for Wii (which, at the rate sales are going right now could outsell FFXIII).  They also show a lot of support for Nintendo as a company, giving the DS MANY games (twice as many in development as for the PSP).  Again, 3 Wii games from SE for the PS3 and Wii.

Seems to me that none of these companies are quite sure where to throw their support yet between PS3 and Wii.  Most are testing the waters to see which console sells their games the best.  Still, it looks like at the moment anyway the Wii has a 3rd party advantage over both other companies.  All information was taken from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_games
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playstation_3_games

Until I start seeing good 3rd party games coming to the Wii (more of 'em), big ones I don't care what they say cause they could end up making some crappy mini game collections on the Wii.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Seems stupid to me to even suggest every company is just releasing 20 some different party game collections. Rather than criticize games you know nothing about, why not actually try LOOKING and seeing what they are.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Until I start seeing good 3rd party games coming to the Wii (more of 'em), big ones I don't care what they say cause they could end up making some crappy mini game collections on the Wii.

ubisoft has acknowledged the fact they wanted to cash in with quick ports for the wii and have apologized and said better games are on the way...so its only a matter of time

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Its god news, just keep a plethora of good games coming!

Konami also did Elebits, but yeah their support hasn't been first-class so far. Capcom is also doing Project Treasure Island Z or something like that. Point-and-click adventure type game for the Wii. Square-Enix has DQ Swords and FF:CC on Wii for now, but they're mostly into DS and PSP projects right now while they wait for the consoles to build up userbases. Oddly enough it's mainly the Japanese companies who don't seem to think much of the Wii right now and since they haven't made any real games for it, we have the crap software sales on the Wii in Japan.

Crap software sales is what the PS3 has in Japan.

I'd call Wii software sales decent but certainly not at DS levels.

The 3rd party games that have come out already were developed when developers didn't realize how popular the Wii was going to be. Now they are putting some of their AAA teams on the Wii, to make A+ games.