By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MS: 360 version of GTA4 outselling PS3 version 2-1

starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:

Relative to their gaming history, this will be a bad month for Sony.

good old starcraft and his subtle trolling.

That was neither subtle nor trolling.

How many non PS2 owners do you think will buy a PS3 this month?

Furthermore, how many PS2 owners do you think will buy a Wii or 360 or even a Wii60 this month? 

you could be a terrific PR person. You twist and turn on all directions. lol

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
starcraft said:

Furthermore, how many PS2 owners do you think will buy a Wii or 360 or even a Wii60 this month?

The logic proves nothing.  All Sony needs is for the PS2 owners to buy PS3...any non-PS2 owners will just be gravy.

How many PS2 owners will buy a 360 rather than a PS3 for GTAIV?  How many are fucking crazy?  When PS3 has Blu-Ray?  Quieter/cooler/free online gameplay/Home?  All that life ahead of the PS3 with the big guns still coming, including all the series fans know and love from PS2 on PS3, while 360 seems to be running short of steam?  My god, any PS2 owners that buy 360 for GTAIV and its inferior (yet expandable for $20, ooh) experience....must just be poor.   

Starcraft don't troll.

psrock said:
starcraft said:
BCNR34 said:
starcraft said:

Relative to their gaming history, this will be a bad month for Sony.

good old starcraft and his subtle trolling.

you could be a terrific PR person. You twist and turn on all directions. lol

Is capturing the PS2's userbase not what most of this console war is about? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

naznatips said:
Starcraft don't troll.

Your kidding right?

We're in the sales forum and I discussed sales.  I pointed out that the PS3 is likely to see a significant HW and SW boost because of GTAIV, but pointed out that Sony will also bleed some customers to Nintendo and Microsoft.

How on earth does that qualify as trolling? 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
naznatips said:
Starcraft don't troll.

Your kidding right?

We're in the sales forum and I discussed sales.  I pointed out that the PS3 is likely to see a significant HW and SW boost because of GTAIV, but pointed out that Sony will also bleed some customers to Nintendo and Microsoft.

How on earth does that qualify as trolling? 

Don't mess with nazna, Starcraft...

Just look at that avatar.   

*shudders*

obieslut said:
starcraft said:
But, the Blu-Ray?

what about the blu-ray

Well in my opinion puting it on MS kinda ruined the game.. i mean rockstar couldn't use there full potential they could have used if they kept it ps3 exclusive i mean just compare 9gbs to 25 or 50 and maybe 100gbs thats insane.

i bet thay are counting NA only lol but the installbase is over 2:1 for ps3

so i think outselling 2:1 is prety shamefull if the ps3 has a btter gta iv sold too 360 too gta iv sold

almost like saying people that own both system are picking up the ps3 more offent probly cuz it loads faster and looks better (before you say its 630p its 1080p says on the box lol )

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

interesting read, i'm starting to get the impression now that gta wasn't the ps3 console booster sony were hoping it was going to be over the 360, but i think the 360 is actually doing rather well from gta...

ToastyJaguar said:
interesting read, i'm starting to get the impression now that gta wasn't the ps3 console booster sony were hoping it was going to be over the 360, but i think the 360 is actually doing rather well from gta...

this is from anecdotal evidence, and its likely in the US only, in reality WW I'd say it'll be 1.4-1.2:1 for the 360.