Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Wii has many, many crummy games

chefsean said:
Took a look at the PS2 numbers and it's roughly
320 good games (80% and up)
494 crap games (60% and lower).
Out of the roughly 1547 total games out so far that's:
20.7% good
31.9% crap

There should be a way to check PS2 at the same point in time as far as reviews go and maybe go as far as look at PS1 the same way, same way with SNES and NES though I highly doubt you can find those reviews online =\

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Around the Network
chefsean said:
Took a look at the PS2 numbers and it's roughly
320 good games (80% and up)
494 crap games (60% and lower).
Out of the roughly 1547 total games out so far that's:
20.7% good
31.9% crap

Imagine that, new poster, you actually used facts unlike most of the people here. Looks to me that the PS2's numbers are better than the Wii's, and I'm willing to bet that "shovelware" increases as the install base increases. Anyway, I think the main point from the graphs that this thread is supposed to be about is that the PS3 has the most highly rated games and the Wii has the least. And yet, as little time ago as yesterday there are posters here trying to say there is too little to play on PS3. If you go by raw numbers instead of percentages, 360 probably has the most. Anyway, a lot of people have Wii's and they seem to be content, so whatever.

Newsflash: The best-selling console ALWAYS gets the most shovelware, and the worst-selling console ALWAYS gets the least.

Newsflash: the PS2 is the most successful console in history and didn't have as much shovelware as the Wii is getting.

Old news considering I quoted the stat chefsean compiled in the post above yours.

windbane said:
Newsflash: the PS2 is the most successful console in history and didn't have as much shovelware as the Wii is getting.

Old news considering I quoted the stat chefsean compiled in the post above yours.

The thing is game reviews don't prove shovelware. Shovelware is based on effort, not whether the critics were pleased.

In that sense, the PS2's design made sovelware difficult until developers caught on to it. So the majority of the shovelware came later, while easier systems made shovelware more feasible sooner.

So the PS2 is not really that fair a comparison. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs