By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Official French Numbers - WOW!

Sorry for re-posting Fishey. We'll let this thread focus mainly on the numbers perhaps?

Around the Network

No problem, it doesn't really matter. The other thread does have the original article though.

These are good numbers for 360. PS3 just came out and 360 is already selling 50% as much. Plus 360 has the huge lead already. In the future 360 will likely catch up and overtake PS3 as PS3 launch frenzy dies down.

Sharky, They are TERRIBLE numbers for 360. The 360 had 3 months worth of sales while PS3 had 1 week... I don't know how that can be spun any way BUT terrible!?

Uhh, release?

I'm willing to bet 360 did 80,000 or more it's first week, aren't you (or would have if it wasn't supply constrained)? Considering anecdotal evidence was there were much longer lines in France for 360 launch than PS3 IIRC.

Compare like to like. You cannot possibly compare pent up launch demand to normal demand.

Get back to me when we get newer French figures, well past PS3 launch. Dont ioi's own weekly french figures show 360 much closer or ahead?

http://vgchartz.com/eweekly.php

Not even to mention there's no debate, 360 is way ahead of PS3 in total sales to date.

Now if you want to compare to Wii..yeah it's getting crushed. But personally, I dont care about Wii sales as I dont feel it competes with PS3/360.

Around the Network
OriGin said:
I do... there is no way a console will continue to sell at the same rate as it's launch week. However there is no doubt that the PS3 will post a higher number than 81,000 for the next quarter of course.
But that logic applies to the Wii as well as in under normal circumstances it will sell less over time, unless the demand there is as high as it is now in the US and Japan, but I dunno that...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

That's correct, but the Wii is almost 3 times more than PS3 while 360 is almost half... it's a BIG difference.

OriGin said:
I do... there is no way a console will continue to sell at the same rate as it's launch week. However there is no doubt that the PS3 will post a higher number than 81,000 for the next quarter of course.Are
you sure? In UK PS3 sales fell 75% in it's second week. That would be 20k here. Then if it's selling 2,500 a week per vgchartz...for 11 weeks..yeah sales might be way less than 80k this quarter.

I guess the French dont buy PS3 because it's Japanese?

sharky said:
These are good numbers for 360. PS3 just came out and 360 is already selling 50% as much. Plus 360 has the huge lead already. In the future 360 will likely catch up and overtake PS3 as PS3 launch frenzy dies down.

QFT.

OriGin said:
However there is no doubt that the PS3 will post a higher number than 81,000 for the next quarter of course.

No way the PS3 will sell 81,000 + in the next 3 months in France.  More like 30,000-40,000.