By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Iron Man is F@&$ing Sweet! A Must See!

Damn, why I didn't stay for the end credits? >_

Around the Network

wait what system was it ? I must of went to use the restroom at that part >.> (damn large frozen coke )

Saw this tonight, and it's just frigging fantastic.

RDJ embraces Tony Stark. Since Stark is cocky, sarcastic, and a drunk, it probably wasn't a whole lot of "acting" on RDJ's part, but he knocked it out of the park. Probably go check this one out with my brother again soon.

[Potential SPOILERS] Some of the subtle touches, like the terrorists working for "ten rings" set up the sequel perfectly. If you don't know how that relates to Iron Man, you've got some reading to catch up on.[/Potential SPOILERS]

Side note: Looking at that list of Marvel movies that all currently say "2009" as their release, doesn't it seem like Marvel's spreading themselves a bit thin? I'm sure some will slip to 2010 or after, but even if 6 of the 8 right now come out next year, that's a Marvel movie every 2 months. Seems like they're kind of flooding the market.

(Also, Ant Man? Thanks but no to thanks, I think I'm good without the feature film based on a C-list Avenger, even if it's Wash from Firefly rumored to play him. Get Captain America and Thor done so they can do the damned Avengers flick.)

The dedication you show to any particular console or company is inversely proportional to the number of times you have gotten laid. If you get laid enough, even if you prefer a certain brand, you just don't give enough of a shit to argue about it on the internet.

This movie was just good old fashioned fun. RDJ nailed Tony Stark and kudos to Favreau for really getting into the Iron Man character instead of just cashing in on the franchise.

IMO, it's the best Marvel movie with the possible exception of the first Spider-Man. Since I'm a sucker for Iron Man, the tin can gets the nod in my book.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

It was very very good and entertaining and the story was very good.
I wouldn't consider it an "excellent movie" though.

There could have been 10 more minutes of Iron Man blowing up other cache of weapons in other places.
Also, i thought there was not enough "comic" relief from other characters. "Comic" relief came from a machine with the fire extinguisher. (Not enough)

Around the Network
Frodaddyg said:
Saw this tonight, and it's just frigging fantastic.

RDJ embraces Tony Stark. Since Stark is cocky, sarcastic, and a drunk, it probably wasn't a whole lot of "acting" on RDJ's part, but he knocked it out of the park. Probably go check this one out with my brother again soon.

[Potential SPOILERS] Some of the subtle touches, like the terrorists working for "ten rings" set up the sequel perfectly. If you don't know how that relates to Iron Man, you've got some reading to catch up on.[/Potential SPOILERS]

Side note: Looking at that list of Marvel movies that all currently say "2009" as their release, doesn't it seem like Marvel's spreading themselves a bit thin? I'm sure some will slip to 2010 or after, but even if 6 of the 8 right now come out next year, that's a Marvel movie every 2 months. Seems like they're kind of flooding the market.

(Also, Ant Man? Thanks but no to thanks, I think I'm good without the feature film based on a C-list Avenger, even if it's Wash from Firefly rumored to play him. Get Captain America and Thor done so they can do the damned Avengers flick.)

Companies often buy the rights to the movie without actually planning on making them anytime soon.  So, in reality, these movies could be stretched out over a few more years, or perhaps never even made.

But I do think they're setting up for a string of related movies...Incredible Hulk comes out in a month, after all.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I just saw Iron Man last night with my girlfriend and it was awesome. I can't wait till the next one comes out.

@ BenKenobi88
I hope The Hulk doesn't suck balls like the last one.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

Coca-Cola said:
It was very very good and entertaining and the story was very good.
I wouldn't consider it an "excellent movie" though.

There could have been 10 more minutes of Iron Man blowing up other cache of weapons in other places.
Also, i thought there was not enough "comic" relief from other characters. "Comic" relief came from a machine with the fire extinguisher. (Not enough)

With an over-the-top character like Tony Stark, I think too much comic relief would just turn the movie into a joke. I think RDJ brought more than enough humor for the entire movie.

Then again, I absolutely despise cutesy "comic relief" characters. 

Nintendo Zealot said:
I just saw Iron Man last night with my girlfriend and it was awesome. I can't wait till the next one comes out.

@ BenKenobi88
I hope The Hulk doesn't suck balls like the last one.

I didn't think the last Hulk sucked balls but it definitely wasn't very good. I think Ang Lee tried to get a little too cute and artsy on what should have been a straight-up smash 'em up action movie.

Keep It Simple, Stupid. 

Aw, shit. I just looked up the new Hulk movie and the director is Louis Leterrier, the man most famous for The Transporter movies.

Ugh.