By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Nintendo increasing supply or what?

A recent interview stated that Nintendo were trying to find a balance or supply vs demand and the increases would occur slowly over the coming 4 - 5 months... i think as much as up to 2 million a month by the end of the year is their capability. Of course there is stock piling... why if the DS has sold out status every week can it jump up to such massive numbers in Japan for Golden Week? Stock was held for these weeks of course... it seems the shipping schedule around the world has stock arriving at different times (naturally) so when one region goes up another generally seems to go down... only natural! The recent French numbers are astounding!!!

Around the Network
FishyJoe said:
Actually, the PS2 shortages were much worse. Take a look at the launch aligned sales. Nintendo has produced almost 2.5x as many consoles in the same amount of time compared to the PS2.

OK, there needs to be a massive disclaimer on the Worldwide charts that says that Others data is missing for the PS2.

Was the PS2 even launched in the other markets after 7 months? Anyways, that's kind of straying off topic.

I'd like to see some evidence that console shortages cause a significant rise in the sales of competitors consoles. I haven't seen any solid data that says that indicates mass exodus.