By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Team Fortress 2: Free Weekend, May 2-4!

http://www.steampowered.com/goldrush/

FREE WEEKEND!

The new Gold Rush map is out, introducing the Payload game mode, as well a bunch of new Medic achievements and unlockable weapons.

I'm sure the map rocks (only just got home now), and the regular maps really do rock, like Dustbowl, Gravelpit, etc...it's an awesome game and you cannot argue with an ENTIRE WEEKEND to play the game as much as you want.

FREE!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

I suspect OB sales will be on the rise after this weekend =)

I look forward to a fresh supply of n00bs!!!....wait..I haven't played in weeks...better brush up =P

To Each Man, Responsibility

Dang, I don't have time to play tonight or much tomorrow. Must...find...time...

Loving the new map style so far, and the achievements aren't too bad, especially since it uses your existing stats to catch up and they apply to the new achievements. In other words since my max heal in a single life was over 7k it gave me credit for "Intern: Heal 7,000 damage in one life.".

i might as well ask here cos its not worth creating a thread over... my net speed is good enough, ive done a couple of speed tests and its at just under 1.5 mb. but the update is going at friggen 15kb per second, and ive been waiting so damn long to play this update. any idea why it might be going so slow???? i wanna start getting achievements :(

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

@thanny,

Might try changing content servers (google it if you don't know how), I was getting over 1Mb, was done in like 20-30 seconds.

PS - The dumbfire way to do it is delete clientregistry.blob and restart steam. 

You mean people have a steam acct but no TF2??? *gasp*

Well I'm sure a lot do, especially those CS:S players. A lot of them don't have the Orange Box, like all they play is CS:S. These type of 1-title only players wouldn't care for a new multiFPS(TF2 in this case) at all, free or not...sad but true.

crappy old school NES games are more entertaining than next-gen games.

Great! Just yesterday my brother said he wanted to buy an FPS for his old PC on Steam, but he couldn't decide between TF2 and CS:S. This might help him decide his mind.

I think we all have it here hehe.

I was hoping some non-Steam members would see this thread...

STEAM IS FREE EVERYONE! Just make a free account and start downloading TF2, it's easy.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

This is a shameless bump.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM