By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Future Crytek titles will be multi-platform, no more PC exclusives

Source: http://www.strategyinformer.com/news...-pc-exclusives

PC Play magazine has released an English version of an interview it did with Cevat Yerli, president of the German Studio Crytek, which is well known for developing Crysis. In the interview they discuss the success and failures of Crysis, but more importantly the state of the PC gaming industry.

Yerli was asked about the risk of going PC exclusive with a high-profile title, and replied with: “It is certainly. We are suffering currently from the huge piracy that is encompassing Crysis. We seem to lead the charts in piracy by a large margin, a chart leading that is not desirable. I believe that’s the core problem of PC Gaming, piracy. To the degree PC Gamers that pirate games inherently destroy the platform. Similar games on consoles sell factors of 4-5 more. It was a big lesson for us and I believe we wont have PC exclusives as we did with Crysis in future. We are going to support PC, but not exclusive anymore.”

Full Interview: http://www.pcplay.hr/modules.php?r=23

Around the Network

Good decision for sure.

But why would Crytek want to develop inferior games. Many people on this site have said developers don't want to take a step backwards to develop graphically inferior games :)

But Crysis sold a lot more than Far Cry. They said they were very surprised about the good sales.

largedarryl said:
But why would Crytek want to develop inferior games. Many people on this site have said developers don't want to take a step backwards to develop graphically inferior games :)

I think you already know , developers like a business go for where the money is.

And you say inferior like the average PC is 3X-4X more powerfull than a PS3/360 when gaming PC's isn't much more than a niche market in most parts of the world. 

Around the Network
Million said:
largedarryl said:

I think you already know , developers like a business go for where the money is.

And you say inferior like the average PC is 3X-4X more powerfull than a PS3/360 when gaming PC's isn't much more than a niche market in most parts of the world.

You clearly don't know how big pc gaming still is.

Million said:
largedarryl said:

And you do know that in about 6 months when more games are coming out the average gaming pc will most likely be 3x-4x more powerful.

Yay, more overhyped, mediocre shooter on consoles!

Million said:
largedarryl said:

If I changed my name to Rolstoppable it might make more sense.

Mummelmann said:
Yay, more overhyped, mediocre shooter on consoles!

Maybe a little bit oftopic but how can you say SSBB is still in the dark (sig), it will probably sell twice as much (I also really do not understand how you came up with that prediction, I mean SSBM almost sold 7 million).