By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Would you bet real money on GTAIV's sales?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30397/Bookies-back-GTA-IV-staying-power

Paddy Power offers 9/2 that GTA IV will stay at number one for ten weeks

digg_url = 'http://www.mcvuk.com/news/30397/Bookies-back-GTA-IV-staying-power'; digg_title = 'Bookies back GTA IV staying power'; digg_bodytext = 'Paddy Power offers 9/2 that GTA IV will stay at number one for ten weeks'; digg_window = 'new'; digg_media = 'news'; digg_topic = 'gaming_news';

Paddy Power has released odds on how long GTA IV can last at the top of the ChartTrack All Formats Charts.

The bookie predicts that the game will most likely remain at the top for between four to six weeks at 7/4, and feels that Wii Fit is the game most likely to displace it at 6/4.

Interestingly, Metal Gear Solid 4 is on just 8/1 to knock GTA off its predicted perch, the exact same odds as Sega’s Iron Man. Whereas Ubisoft’s much-anticipated Haze remains absent from Paddy Power’s list.

“There’s no doubt about it, Grand Theft Auto IV is the biggest game of the year,” says Paddy Power’s Sharon McHugh. “How long it stays at the top spot will depend on how quickly people snap it up. One thing is for sure though; it’ll take something special to knock it off number one.”

Paddy Power has the betting:

How many weeks will Grand Theft Auto stay at number one?

11/8  One to three weeks
 7/4   Four to six weeks
10/3    Seven to nine weeks
 9/2   10 weeks or more  

First game to replace GTA IV at the top?
 6/4   Wii Fit
 3/1   Mario Kart Wii
 6/1   UEFA EURO 2008
 8/1   Iron Man
 8/1   Metal Gear Solid 4
10/1    Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
10/1    Chronicles of Narnia
12/1    Gran Turismo 5
12/1    Wacky Races
16/1    The Incredible Hulk
16/1    Call of Duty 4
18/1    NASCAR 09
20/1    Pro Evolution Soccer
25/1    Super Smash Bros. Brawl
33/1    Top Spin 3
40/1    Sega Superstars Tennis

Around the Network

MGS4 8/1? I like those odds alot.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

I'd say four to six weeks, and Metal Gear Solid 4.

^i agree, it will drop to second spot in week 7 (MGS4 week)

Edit. Are those real bookie odds? because I wouldn't mind betting on that. 

Again, this is not about what you think, but what you'd be willing to put down your own money on.

Around the Network

I put money on MS4 knocking GTA of No1.

I wouldn't put iron man at the same probability as MSG4 though.

I am not a gambler, but i would stick £10 ($20) on Gta being replaced by MGS4 in week 7 for fun.

I have 4 bets of $20 each bet...

The bet is that Mario Kart Wii sell more in the first month in USA (we will use NPD numbers) than the PS3 version of GTA.

Can I win or not? =p

WiiFit will after a few weeks, then MGS4 will boost past that for a week or two. Then they both start falling in sales.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

FishyJoe said:
Again, this is not about what you think, but what you'd be willing to put down your own money on.

I would put my own money down on 4-6 weeks and MGS4.