By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How many of you got Gta4?

Yep, got it at Gamestop at midnight. And I must say, I was toward the back of the line and I was watching a lot of people walk out with the 360 version. In fact, I only saw 2 or 3 people with the PS3 version. My friend got it today and he got one of the last five copies of the 360 version at his local Gamestop. They had plenty of PS3 copies left.

Around the Network

Nope. Havent picked it up yet. Dont know if I will. Maybe i'll borrow it. But right now I'm having too much fun with MKWii.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

I'll get it eventually, but I see no reason to rush out and buy it when I have so many other games to play, not to mention the MGO beta which will end on the 11th.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

Well, since you asked....I didn't!

I got it and I'm not sure why. Ive never played a GTA game before nor have I wanted to. All the high ratings got me curious enough to bite. So far its fun but I don't see why its a 10. Hopefully it will get better.

Around the Network

I had it on Friday, (Explains why i havent been posting)

I got the Special edition... i really like that lockbox... even the bag is pretty good quality.

Lol

Haven't touched Multiplayer yet though, still driving around and doing missions

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Didnt, probably wont. Maybe when it makes it to the bargain bin, but its still iffy.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Whys that?

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

If I may throw a question out there to all you GTA owners, how's the jumps?

Whenever I played the previous GTA 3 games, I'd spend most of my time just driving around the city finding fun jumps and stunts. But I must say I'm a bit concerned that the increasing realism and New York Influence will kind of flatten things out and take some of the fun out of random driving.

So does it? Can you still just spend hours tooling around the city flipping cars off crazy jumps? Please say yes please say yes please say yes.

I'm a mod, come to me if there's mod'n to do. 

Chrizum is the best thing to happen to the internet, Period.

Serves me right for challenging his sales predictions!

Bet with dsisister44: Red Steel 2 will sell 1 million within it's first 365 days of sales.

stof said:
If I may throw a question out there to all you GTA owners, how's the jumps?

Whenever I played the previous GTA 3 games, I'd spend most of my time just driving around the city finding fun jumps and stunts. But I must say I'm a bit concerned that the increasing realism and New York Influence will kind of flatten things out and take some of the fun out of random driving.

So does it? Can you still just spend hours tooling around the city flipping cars off crazy jumps? Please say yes please say yes please say yes.

stof I haven't really played the old ones to compare, but i've done jumps in this game and it's fun. There's the ability to slow down time during a jump to make it more damatic or speed it up to put it into normal time. There's a bunch of specialized ramps in the game that are meant to be jumped over I guess as a method of collecting. My favorite so far was on a freeway I must have been going 120 mph, couldn't make the turn and did multiple barrel rolls through on coming traffic, fell off the freeway, feel onto a house while still barrel rolling and landed safely on the ground. I then drove away listening to The Classics station. Good times indeed. Oh, and I got an achievement for it too. Something having to do with how many barrel rolls I did.

I'm still trying to successfully drive an 18 wheeler into the gas station but jump out before hand. Problem is I can't gather enough speed in it as the car slows down after my jump from it and never reaches the pumps.  

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.