By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubisoft comments - Wii launch titles rushed, not happy with PS3 sales

Here's something a little surprising: Ubisoft has created 8 million-selling (shipping) games for the XBox brand, ALL of them Tom Clancy titles, with 6 for the XBox and 2 more for 360. They only created 5 million-sellers for PS2, however, from the Tom Clancy, Prince of Persia and King Kong brands. They created no million-sellers for GC, but already have 2 on Wii.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
UbiSoft are horrid devs this generations... the only system they can handle coding for is the Wii... not impressed.

Right, that must be why. 

Reality has a Nintendo bias.
Erik Aston said:
Here's something a little surprising: Ubisoft has created 8 million-selling (shipping) games for the XBox brand, ALL of them Tom Clancy titles, with 6 for the XBox and 2 more for 360. They only created 5 million-sellers for PS2, however, from the Tom Clancy, Prince of Persia and King Kong brands. They created no million-sellers for GC, but already have 2 on Wii.

That is interesting.  Thanks for the data.  I guess, considering that they have 2 1 million seller games already on a console with a far smaller user base than the 360, it makes a lot of sense that they would throw their dice with the Wii.  And SSJ12 there have been some AMAZING Ubisoft games made.  They made one of my favorite games of all time: Beyond Good and Evil.

shams said:

Sorry, I didn't leave the 360 out on purpose (from the thread title).

After reading the interview, it sounded like he was mostly talking about the PS3 - then just threw in the 360 for the hell of it (basically saying that they would like more 360 sales - no surprise there).

And the interview itself was primarily about the PS3 (not the Wii or 360):

"The publication's recent interview with Ubisoft's heads was part of a bigger piece entitled "Shelf Warmer PlayStation 3: Desperately Seeking Players,".

Apologies again, if this came across as being biased... :P

whatever.

Ubisoft is not satisfied with the sales of both the Ps3 and Xbox360 http://www.gameswank.com/content/view/151/1/

your links official title is "Ubisoft on Wii: We Made Mistakes"

ssj12 said:
UbiSoft are horrid devs this generations... the only system they can handle coding for is the Wii... not impressed.

yea man i know what you mean...six months since the launches of wii and ps3 and since this is the absolute time to say how devs will handle this gen, i must say they are doomed.

sarcasm

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Around the Network
ssj12 said:

Yeah they are sooo horrid. I will pass that along to them once they get done counting their piles of cash from their Wii games.

Blue3 said:

"Corre told Spiegel he is not content with sales of PlayStation 3 or Xbox 360"

funny how you dont include the 360 in the thread title, but its you so its to be expected.

And ubi is not happy with sales, not surprising since their games suck.

Not to beat a dead horse, but the Spiegel article was titled "Shelf Warmer PS3", not "Sony and Microsoft in trouble."  MS was barely mentioned in passing: "Microsoft, too, by the way."

In an attempt to get this thread back on topic, what are Ubisoft's Wii titles currently in development besides Red Steel 2 and the next RRR?

ssj12 said:

Yes, and you are totally wrong.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Ubisoft should do a Wii edition of Prince of Persia 4 (PS3/360) !!! The game isn't availible yet, so none has to worry about this case YET...

I've both PoP2: Warrior Within and PoP3: The Two Thrones on my Xbox. I'd like to play a PoP game with the Wii Remote, so if Ubisoft would publish a game like "PoP4 Wii Edition" then I would be happy! Sure PoP3 also is on Wii; but why should I buy the same game on 2 different platforms, the differences between the game on Xbox and Wii aren't so big!

Ubisoft beats sales targets, delays four games

Game Over! says:

The Prince of Persia games will always be my favorite ones of all Ubisoft's series!!!

Posted on: 10/24/07, 19:02

Click HERE for more info...

Ubisoft has 4 million sellers on the 360, and 2 of them are nearly 2 million.

Also, if That Guy has posted in the thread, that must mean this is horribly old.