By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3/PS2/PSP are the best product lines and competitors should be ignored.

PS3,PS2 and the PSP are three great pieces of hardware which all offer their own unique control inputs and superior user interfaces that are more userfriendly than what other systems offer. PS3,PS2 and PSP provide better gaming experiences. I expect continued great hardware and software sales of all Sony platforms. The industry has seen unexperienced growth for over a decade which can mainly be attributed to Sony's foresight. Playstation is universally associated with video games. Playstation success isn't solely based on the input devices of the PS3,PS2 and the PSP, it's the unmatched brilliance of their 1st party games which also plays a big role. By now everyone knows that it is hardware working together with the software that is creating an experience a lot of people have been seeking. The Playstation brand has sold with PSX,PS2,PS3,PSP a combined total of almost 300 million hardware. An impressive number indeed. Three to four billion games have be sold on the Playstation systems.

The quality of Sony's 1st party games rake in lots of money through well established franchises and upcoming new IP's. The PS2 and PSP has already shown that good games sell accordingly and rewarded 3rd parties with huge returns of investments for their efforts. The PS3 is picking up strongly and 3rd parties from the PS2 era will jump on board the new PS3 which has the best technology within a gaming console. Sony systems are much better options to make games for, 3rd parties should start to bring their major franchises over to the PS3. The PS3 and the PSP should get tons of games in the next years and with a large number of software comes lots of additional appeal to gamers previously not interested. And with such a huge amount of games, there naturally will be a lot of good and great ones among them. PSP and PS3 are the best consoles with the best hardware/3rd party support.

Around the Network

What was the point of this?

RolUnstoppable did it by creating a Nintendo thread. I have created a Playstation thread. I hope people enjoy reading it.

Rock_on_2008 said:

The PS3,PS2 and the PSP are three great pieces of hardware which all offer their own unique control inputs and superior user interfaces that are more userfriendly than what other systems offer. PS3,PS2 and PSP provide better gaming experiences. I expect continued great hardware and software sales of all Sony platforms. The industry has seen unexperienced growth for over a decade which can mainly be attributed to Sony's foresight. Playstation is universally associated with video games. Playstation success isn't solely based on the input devices of the PS3,PS2 and the PSP, it's the unmatched brilliance of their 1st party games which also plays a big role. By now everyone knows that it is hardware working together with the software that is creating an experience a lot of people have been seeking for. It's unlikely that Nintendo and Microsoft will ever match the magic that is the Playstation experience. At least not for a long time.

3rd parties on Playstation series are second to none. The quality of Sony's 1st party games rake in lots of money through well established franchises and upcoming new IP's. The PS2 and PSP has already shown that good games sell accordingly and rewarded 3rd parties with huge returns of investments for their efforts. The PS3 is picking up strongly and 3rd parties from the PS2 era will jump on board the new PS3 which has the best technology within a gaming console. Sony systems are much better options to make games for, 3rd parties should start to bring their major franchises over to the PS3. The PS3 and the PSP should get tons of games in the next years and with a large number of software comes lots of additional appeal to gamers previously not interested. And with such a huge amount of games, there naturally will be a lot of good and great ones among them.

Disclaimer:

I am very well aware that not everyone will be happy about this post because of one or another reason, but let me tell you that you shouldn't take everything in life/forums too serious. It could backfire badly. And finally, let me say that I had fun writing this and I hope you enjoy reading it.

BTW: I have modified RolUnstoppable's thread but using Playstation.

Lol, he'll probably appreciate it immensely... 'sits and waits Rol to crash in wielding an old Zweihander'

Rock_on_2008 said:
RolUnstoppable did it by creating a Nintendo thread. I have created a Playstation thread. I hope people enjoy reading it.

Is this supposed to be funny in any way? I think I'm missing the point.

Around the Network

I understand why he's doing it. It's funny. Rol will find it funny too ( I think).

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Wow.

Rol wins at forums.

And people wanted to underplay his latest thread. This is classic.

Though, I'm not sure why I'm posting here. As the thread title indicates, competitors should be ignored.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Rock_on_2008 said:

The PS3,PS2 and the PSP are three great pieces of hardware which all offer their own unique control inputs and superior user interfaces that are more userfriendly than what other systems offer. PS3,PS2 and PSP provide better gaming experiences. I expect continued great hardware and software sales of all Sony platforms. The industry has seen unexperienced growth for over a decade which can mainly be attributed to Sony's foresight. Playstation is universally associated with video games. Playstation success isn't solely based on the input devices of the PS3,PS2 and the PSP, it's the unmatched brilliance of their 1st party games which also plays a big role. By now everyone knows that it is hardware working together with the software that is creating an experience a lot of people have been seeking for. It's unlikely that Nintendo and Microsoft will ever match the magic that is the Playstation experience. At least not for a long time.

3rd parties on Playstation series are second to none. The quality of Sony's 1st party games rake in lots of money through well established franchises and upcoming new IP's. The PS2 and PSP has already shown that good games sell accordingly and rewarded 3rd parties with huge returns of investments for their efforts. The PS3 is picking up strongly and 3rd parties from the PS2 era will jump on board the new PS3 which has the best technology within a gaming console. Sony systems are much better options to make games for, 3rd parties should start to bring their major franchises over to the PS3. The PS3 and the PSP should get tons of games in the next years and with a large number of software comes lots of additional appeal to gamers previously not interested. And with such a huge amount of games, there naturally will be a lot of good and great ones among them. Look at the second quote in my signature.

Disclaimer:

I am very well aware that not everyone will be happy about this post because of one or another reason, but let me tell you that you shouldn't take everything in life/forums too serious. It could backfire badly. And finally, let me say that I had fun writing this and I hope you enjoy reading it.

BTW: I have modified RolUnstoppable's thread but using Playstation.

I also agree with Shameless and NO I did not enjoy reading this because it was a waste of time and thread space.  This should be closed as it could start an argument.

Generation 8 Predictions so far.....(as of 9/2013)

Console that will sell most: Nintendo Wii U

Who will sell more consoles between Microsoft/SONY: SONY

Come on people it is a joke thread lol. I read Rol's thread and thought. Hmmm I might as well cut and paste it and edit it with Sony stuff and see what reaction I get lol.

I thought it was a fascinating read ;)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.