By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - European PSN gets Command & Conquer

From Planetcnc

"Reader Andrew Lee wrote in to let us know that European Playstation 3 owners can now purchase and download the original Command & Conquer for Playstation 1, at a price of £3.49 for Blighty inhabitants, or €4.99 for mainlanders

For those of you unfamiliar with C&C-PS, I recommend taking a glance at the Wikipedia article, which mentions that C&C-PS includes not only the original campaign and missions, but also the Covert Ops expansion pack as well as five other, exclusive missions.

Americalanders like myself are, sadly, left out in the dark. I guess we'll just settle for getting pretty much every other game like a year before Europeans do. Back to playing Rock Band for me!"

Source - http://planetcnc.gamespy.com/fullstory.php?id=150544

It does suck that we don't get this Stateside, i would probably get it to see what the PS version plays like (despite already owning 2 copies for my pc). I always thought the C&C series was biggest in terms of popularity/sales stateside, so why the Euro only release? 

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Around the Network

I have C&C Red Alert Retaliation for the PS1. The controls are pretty bad, and there's major slowdown in larger battles.

makingmusic476 said:
I have C&C Red Alert Retaliation for the PS1. The controls are pretty bad, and there's major slowdown in larger battles.

eh, might just stick with the pc version then. Not sure $5 is worth it for a game i've already played with shoddy controls & slowdown. Not that it matters since it's not stateside

That Was Left-Handed

Xbox Live: Spire VII

Playstation 3 Network: Spire_VII

Get a European account and get it there. C and C not being availible in the US is most likely a copyright thingy.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

I used to love playing C&C on the PS1.

Squishing all those soldiers with tanks...

I doubt it's aged well. Still, it might be worth a look.

Around the Network

Is this the PC port of the original? I have that and used to play it lots, but it's the Windows 95 only version...

@makingmusic
That was Red Alert, this is the original Command and Conquer. I played both on PC and prefered C&C to Red Alert.

I played the demo of C&C years ago, was very simple controlls, the only real difference was lack of mouse but they might have updated this so you can use a mouse or the analog stick.

Hmm, pie.

I bought it, since I have the First Decade version of C&C but that has quite some bugs.
First impression is not very good, though. The game runs way to fast and the controller is not suited for this type of gameplay :(