By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A GTAIV thread to whinge about GTAIV threads.

Is anyone else SICK of hearing about GTAIV and not playing it?  The threads are endless, the arguing (which I admit I was a part of) is endless, but now I just want to get on and play the game.

Here is the bad bit.  Being in Australia, I'm ahead of most of the world time-wise and so normally get highly anticipated games first.  But tomorrow, I have an exam.  This means that the earliest conceivable time I will be at home playing GTAIV is 5pm.  FIVE!!!!!

I'm tired of hearing about this game. It is dominating VGC like no other game ever has, in part because 360 and PS3 fans smell the one game they feel could topple the Wii's dominance.

JUST GET HERE ALREADY YOU STUPID GAME!!!! 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

Not to whine

But did you mean whine, not 'whinge' or is that some of that Aussie speak?

I know exactly what you mean, I'm sick of hearing about it, I just want to PLAY it!

Amazon.co.uk just sent me an e-mail saying it should arrive on the 30th which is a day later than I was expecting. So that's an extra day of this torture..........

Lol, whinge is Aussie slang apparently. IF you constantly complain about something you could be labeled a 'whinger.'

Yea, I've got two finals today. But I'm in the Eastern Time Zone so the game is not released until 12:00am Tomorrow. So, I can get all my stuff done today and then it is game time. Whoo-Hooo!!

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network

dole bludger is the Aussie colloquial term for my real occupation lol. Yeah I play PS3 all day and post on gaming forums, while collecting money from the government. GTA IV will be a blast. Many hours of offline gaming for me, I want to complete everything in GTA IV. I will get into online GTA IV a bit later on.

GTA IV has brought out the real competitive spirits on forums everywhere.

Just a suggestion, but maybe someone could make an official thread to end the others? Or at least implement a cap? It would keep some of the rivalry under control, I think. :)

I am SuperLloyd!

(Im)patiently awaiting the Dawn of the New World!

starcraft said:
Lol, whinge is Aussie slang apparently. IF you constantly complain about something you could be labeled a 'whinger.'

whinged, whing·ing, whing·es Chiefly British
To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

It actually originates from Scotland.

Dallinor said:
starcraft said:

whinged, whing·ing, whing·es Chiefly British
To complain or protest, especially in an annoying or persistent manner.

It actually originates from Scotland.

That makes sense.  I was sure I'd heard it a lot on television and in films, and I think it is quite prominent in the UK.

So in order to complain about having too many GTAIV threads... you make another one.