By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Another comparison of GTA IV PS3 vs X360

starcraft said:
This thread grew at an EPIC rate. And I agree that that Gif is likely rigged up. If either GTAIV version looked like that, we would have been talking 7's and 8's, not 9's and 10's.

A couple of gifs showing pop-in on the 360 version, starting with...

1) Fuck trees.

2) Ahh, there's the buildings...

Around the Network
Deviation59 said:
starcraft said:
This thread grew at an EPIC rate. And I agree that that Gif is likely rigged up. If either GTAIV version looked like that, we would have been talking 7's and 8's, not 9's and 10's.

1) Fuck trees.

hahahah wow, i really hope thats the 360 version, i don't want to be playing with that shit happening.

Deviation59 said:
starcraft said:

1) Fuck trees.

do u have a source showing this as the final version of the 360?

rasone77 said:
starcraft said:
Press_the_Button said:
As for the DLC element of the decision making, it occurred to me that come the end of the year won't a lot of people moved on to other games? i.e. Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, COD5, and so on? I know GTA IV is big, but there's going to be a lot of other big hitters landing on the shelves come November time, will people be that bothered about DLC (other than hardcore GTA fans?).

Also, has anyone figured out yet why we've had no solid details on what the DLC is? Seems a bit strange that R* or MS haven't detailed exactly what might be heading our way - it's the lack of information on the DLC that made me fear "Horse armour" and made me refuse to favour the 360 version based purely on future content I know nothing about.

Everything here is speculative.  But picture this. It is Christmas and you want to know what console to get your kid.  HE loves GTA and wants the game, and he just found out that the 360 (which happens to be cheaper) has some awesome just-released DLC that makes the game longer and more interesting.  What do you do?

The timing of the DLC is very strategic.  It is set to come just before Christmas and then again during the slow period next year.  You must understand that Microsoft has risked $50 million on this.  It will not be small.  Furthermore, Rockstar have said they wouldn't want people to feel like they have been duped, whilst Microsoft representatives have told us to think about the DLC as we would San Andreas or Vice City. 

Anyone who would get this game for their kid needs to take some parenting classes. A more likely scenario runs like this:

It's Christmas and I want to know what console to get for my kid. He loves Pokemon, Mario, and Animal Crossing and I just found out that the only console that has those games is Nintendo Wii. What do you do?

You stand in line at a Toys r Us for four hours on a Sunday morning or you buy one on Ebay.

Funnily eoungh I was just about to post something similar.  GTA is an adult game rated 18 - nobody should be waiting to buy this for their kids at Christmas 2008.

At the end of the day the DLC may sway some to invest in a 360 console but I just have a feeling its not gonna deliver the sales MS would hope for $50 M.  I think buy the time it hits it will sell well to those with the game on 360, but will arrive too late to influence new consoles purchases much.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

IGN just did a comparison.
They again say that the ps3 has the slightest of edges.

http://www.rockstarwatch.net/news/469/IGN-Compares-GTAIV-for-the-PS3-and-360/

That's good enough for me

At the end it says it comes down to what are your friends playing.

That would be 360 for me. 

Around the Network

Some conflicting observations amongst journalists and reviewers:

With regard to GTA IV Swedish Game Reactor states: "The PS3-version features better colours, contrast, load times and what looks to be better resolution textures. The game also looks sharper and has a more stable fps."

IMO putting emphasis on achievement and gamerscore is very, very weak.

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Another great review for the PS3. The PS3 clearly provides the better gaming experience for GTA IV.

starcraft said:
Press_the_Button said:
As for the DLC element of the decision making, it occurred to me that come the end of the year won't a lot of people moved on to other games? i.e. Resistance 2, LittleBigPlanet, COD5, and so on? I know GTA IV is big, but there's going to be a lot of other big hitters landing on the shelves come November time, will people be that bothered about DLC (other than hardcore GTA fans?).

Also, has anyone figured out yet why we've had no solid details on what the DLC is? Seems a bit strange that R* or MS haven't detailed exactly what might be heading our way - it's the lack of information on the DLC that made me fear "Horse armour" and made me refuse to favour the 360 version based purely on future content I know nothing about.

Everything here is speculative.  But picture this. It is Christmas and you want to know what console to get your kid.  HE loves GTA and wants the game, and he just found out that the 360 (which happens to be cheaper) has some awesome just-released DLC that makes the game longer and more interesting.  What do you do?

The timing of the DLC is very strategic.  It is set to come just before Christmas and then again during the slow period next year.  You must understand that Microsoft has risked $50 million on this.  It will not be small.  Furthermore, Rockstar have said they wouldn't want people to feel like they have been duped, whilst Microsoft representatives have told us to think about the DLC as we would San Andreas or Vice City. 

i'm sorry, but dear GOD!!! you'd actually buy your kid gtaiv?!! its rated  r18 for crying out loud! anyone who'd let his kid play this sort fo game should be kicked in the groin and forced to take good parenting seminars for a year. you sir are not a very good influence.

ils411 said:

i'm sorry, but dear GOD!!! you'd actually buy your kid gtaiv?!! its rated  r18 for crying out loud! anyone who'd let his kid play this sort fo game should be kicked in the groin and forced to take good parenting seminars for a year. you sir are not a very good influence.

Better being a parent that knows what their kids are watching and playing than a parent who's practically in the dark.

Those gifs above don't work for me.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957