By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - This site is crap when viewed with Opera

Some threads wont even open, the top banner loads and thats it.  This is now the ONLY site that I regularly visit that I have to switch browsers for.  Espn.com used to give me some headaches with Opera , but now with the newest version of Opera it works fine.  Sadly the same can not be said about vgchartz, it still works like it was coded by an incompetant boob who only uses IE to test his site.

Around the Network

I also have problems viewing threads on my Wii Opera, all the rest of the site works, but for some reason about 1 in 2 threads won't show. (sometimes I will post in a thread and then not be able to see it again)

However I am not too fussed because it stops me using the Wii to browse for hours, which hurts my eyes.

I have the same problems, I'm using Opera 9.27 for Mac. Short threads open fine, but anything over one page simply won't display correctly. It's a problem in the style sheets, I think, because all the content downloads but it's just not displayed.

Anyway, a simple workaround, though butt ugly, is to switch the css style sheet in Opera from publisher to user and you get to see all the content. I guess if you went through the trouble of tweaking the user style sheet, you'd be able to see things pretty close to what they're supposed to look like. Still, I hope ioi will fix this issue soon, although I know use Opera users are in the minority.

@ TWroO
me too, I try to go here with my wii internet channel, but big threads don't usually show up, and it appears blank
the site works best with Firefox though

Really? *starts up Opera*

Works fine for me. In fact, for me the site scrolls faster with opera than with gecko based browsers (seamonkey, firefox)

Perhaps it's just the awesomeness of linux kicking in.

Around the Network

yeah thats the same stuff i get. sometimes it will pull up a thread, sometimes it wont. well i am "fussed" because Opera is my main browser on my PC and its actually more standards compliant then IE. a good webmaster uses established standards as his guide, not IE.

plaupius - well its not just on Macs and Wii's. I am using Opera 9.27 on Vista and we are all getting the same type errors.

I didnt create this thread for an style sheet workaround for Opera, I created it to bring it to the webmasters attention and he can fix HIS error in style sheet creation