By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The truth about GTAIV's length

Have you forgotten this game has awesome MP?

I'm still playing Halo 3 MP and the main mission was ten hours...

DLC is unecessary with good MP.

I imagine PS3 owners can live

Around the Network

It's kinda of sad how little support MS has received from Rockstar for their 50 million dollars. What does 50 million get you? It doesn't get you a GTA bundle, the creator of the game says he prefers the rendering of the "other" version, and you can't market/discuss/identify anything about what the future DLC will be. Does this sound like a good investment? If the DLC does not significantly increase 360 sales, this will be considered a total lost for MS.

By the way, 25 - 40 hours plus MP sounds like enough for me. I doubt I would spend $30-$40 for any additional content.

edit: fixed the spelling of sad.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

dbot said:
It's kinda of said how little support MS has received from Rockstar for their 50 million dollars. What does 50 million get you? It doesn't get you a GTA bundle, the creator of the game says he prefers the rendering of the "other" version, and you can't market/discuss/identify anything about what the future DLC will be. Does this sound like a good investment? If the DLC does not significantly increase 360 sales, this will be considered a total lost for MS.

By the way, 25 - 40 hours plus MP sounds like enough for me. I doubt I would spend $30-$40 for any additional content.

Good point,i was expecting MS to advertise their dlc abit more but they havn't.

It still remains to be seen if the investment was a waste, as we are not sure what the dlc is.

But i bet many gamers, including myself will be getting the DLC if the rumours are anywhere near correct. 

By the time we figure out what DLC is, PS3 owners will be knee deep in MGS4, or the LBP beta.

lulz

DMeisterJ said:
By the time we figure out what DLC is, PS3 owners will be knee deep in MGS4, or the LBP beta.

lulz
Whilst 360 owners will be desperately deciding whether to play Infinite Undiscovery, Too Human or Ninja Gaiden 2

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

^ thus proving my point, the DLC is coming out when there will be much more to do

DMeisterJ said:
^ thus proving my point, the DLC is coming out when there will be much more to do

Actually I think if the DLC comes out in August and is awesome, word will get around.  Don't try to tell me that won't be significant to people at Christmas when the console prices have come down.

when the majority (or proabably all) the posters in this thread are disagreeing/flaming at you, then you know that this thread wasn't a great idea, even for your standards starcraft. 

DOATS1 said:
when the majority (or proabably all) the posters in this thread are disagreeing/flaming at you, then you know that this thread wasn't a great idea, even for your standards starcraft.

How so?  If you go onto Xbox360fanboy.com and they all disagree with you does that make you wrong?

The SDF joined this thread so fast I barely noticed them come in.

I'm not going to stop discussing games because some insecure personalities get upset when I discuss something that doesn't benefit Sony.

@ Starcraft

It wont be.

The hype machine that is Killzone 2 will steamroll it.