By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PSP software sales..

Hey, I've noticed there are no PSP games in the top 50 NA software charts, and this has been going on for a long time. I know PSP software sales aren't that good, but No PSP games in the top50 just doesn't seem right. Could there be a problem with the charts??

First post! 

Around the Network

there not a promblem with the charts its just that the psp sucks period

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99

Sherlock99 said:
there not a promblem with the charts its just that the psp sucks period

Get lost!!!

I've noticed this too.  There hasn't been a seriously big release for the PSP in a long time in NA.  The week ending 22nd April was the last time a PSP title got in the top 50 in NA. (No. 18 with Valhalla Knights).

Nothing has really been released since then, that would get big sales.

Software sales are now down to around 115k per week in NA, when compared to near 170k only 6 weeks previous.  There really hasn't been any big releases over the last month in NA, but there is quite a few in June and July, and this should pick up considerably then. 

Prediction (June 12th 2017)

Permanent pricedrop for both PS4 Slim and PS4 Pro in October.

PS4 Slim $249 (October 2017)

PS4 Pro $349 (October 2017)

I believe this chart doesn't contain titles from greatest hits line. If you check some internet shops these titles (daxter, syphon filter etc.) dominate the psp's games sale right now. I'm sure most of new users spent cash on these awesome and cheap titles.

Only thing that really sucks in PSP is Memory Stick slot. Piracy is so damn common because of it. They should provided internal 32 Mb memory only for saves instead of MSD.

kber81 said:

Memory Stick slot. Piracy is so damn common because of it. They should provided internal 32 Mb memory only for saves instead of MSD.

This really annoys me.  I can understand people wanting to play old Genesis or SNES games via an emulator, but not the people wanting to play copied games via custom firmware and ISO's.  There is someone I know that doesn't even own a genuine PSP game and just downloads them to his 2gb memory stick.

I've not done this...and once MGS Portable Ops arrives, I will have 17 genuine games.

Around the Network

Last year the software sales for the PSP were about 1 million per month .Now it sells more hardware and the userbase is bigger than ever and after these charts it doesnt manage half the software . I think something is seriously wrong ,probably what kber81 says is true ....that would explain some things .

ioi said:

The chart contains everything, there are simply no PSP games in the top 50 at the moment...

Thanks for an explanation of this particular matter. I thought that for some reason "budget" games aren't tracked.

Edit:

It clearly shows that noone can rely on amazon like charts. 

Then how it is explainable that PSP software sales are 50% from last year even with a greater userbase ?

Diomedes1976 said:
Then how it is explainable that PSP software sales are 50% from last year even with a greater userbase ?

You are right....it was selling around 250-270k a week in February...and now it's 115k.

It  does seem rather bizarre.  Especially considering that there has been quite a few Platinum releases and new games releases in April...yet...it has progressively been getting worse over the last 2-3 months.  Whereas the user base has been getting higher and higher all the time.  And the PSP unit sales are higher now than they were in February.

davygee said:
Diomedes1976 said:

You are right....it was selling around 250-270k a week in February...and now it's 115k.

It does seem rather bizarre. Especially considering that there has been quite a few Platinum releases and new games releases in April...yet...it has progressively been getting worse over the last 2-3 months. Whereas the user base has been getting higher and higher all the time. And the PSP unit sales are higher now than they were in February.

Exactly. It just doesn't make sense because hardware sales are increasing while software sales are decreasing, there must be something wrong with the NA charts...