By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Bioshock Coming To PS3 This September?

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
In the end it doesn't really matter. It's 100% guaranteed to come out for the PC, and that's the best platform to play it on. If it came out for every console known to man, I would play it on the same thing I played the first one on.

My PC :)
And it is likely Microsoft will allow the exclusive DLC to be included in the PC version, so you'll probably get lucky.

Was that a joke? We don't even know what BioShock 2 is going to be, let alone if it has DLC (or if it's exclusive). 

This is where I would normally go back to the fanboy stuff, but I am going to assume you were being sarcastic. :)

Around the Network
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
In the end it doesn't really matter. It's 100% guaranteed to come out for the PC, and that's the best platform to play it on. If it came out for every console known to man, I would play it on the same thing I played the first one on.

And it is likely Microsoft will allow the exclusive DLC to be included in the PC version, so you'll probably get lucky.

Was that a joke? We don't even know what BioShock 2 is going to be, let alone if it has DLC (or if it's exclusive).

This is where I would normally go back to the fanboy stuff, but I am going to assume you were being sarcastic. :)

Lol.  Actually, that post was meant for an entirely different thread.  I'm off to go post it in the thread it was meant for.  Damn firefox for giving me the option of multiple tabs

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:
starcraft said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Was that a joke? We don't even know what BioShock 2 is going to be, let alone if it has DLC (or if it's exclusive).

This is where I would normally go back to the fanboy stuff, but I am going to assume you were being sarcastic. :)

Lol.  Actually, that post was meant for an entirely different thread.  I'm off to go post it in the thread it was meant for.  Damn firefox for giving me the option of multiple tabs

lol :) 

TheRealMafoo said:

i don't like PC gaming cause u have to constantly upgrade and that costs a lot of $$

Starcraft

The rumor you cited to refute my rumor is one month older.
Which means mine is newer -- I win 8*>

http://www.gameguru.in/sony-playstation-3/2008/07/2k-marin-hiring-for-bioshock-2-uses-ue-3x-and-ps3-version-possible/

And the source of the rumor is a 2K Marin job announcement.

Seriously, we don't know what will or won't happen until it does.
Either Microsoft will pay big bucks (which they have) or it goes mutliplatform
(and by 2009, someone will have ported the Unreal 3 Engine to the Wii --
even if it is not Epic (it is currently being done under license).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

We have already seen from DMC4 that games that have their roots in PS2 exclusivity sell better (relative to userbase) on the PS3. Whilst I don't think MGS4 would sell poorly on the 360 were it too hit the console on a similar date to the PS3 version (which, clearly, is not going to happen) it would not sell nearly as well as the PS3 version, relative to userbase.

I just have a problem with your DMC4 argument.

It didn't sell better relative to the userbase, it outsold the 360 version despite it's userbase. A system with 6.5 million more consoles sold than the other one, was outsold by the other one. So it wasn't relative, it was actual.

BioShock coming to the PS3 would sell only as well as it sold on the XBOX 360, at max, but most likely less. But it doesn't change the fact that the game would sell because it's a good game, that PS3 owners should play, and has the DLC, which would be great, especially at a smaller price tag (~$40).

I don't see why this wouldn't happen.

But you see that just reinforces my point.  DMC4 sold TREMENDOUSLY well on the PS3 relative to the userbase.  And it released on both console's simultaneously.  But as I've said, Bioshock coming to the PS3 now would be better comparable to Virtua Fighter 5 coming to the Xbox 360 months after the PS3. 

VF5 on PS3=.50 million

VF5 on 360=.14 million

(triple the numbers in accordance with the 360's Bioshock sales)

Bioshock on 360= 1.7 million

Bioshock on PS3= .5 million MAX

The reality would probably be somewhat less than that given the shooter competition on the PS3 (whereas VF5 on 360 only had to compete with DOA4, a launch game), additional time between the releases etc etc 

This is no ordinary shooter. Half a million would easily cover the costs of a port and would prepare the userbase for the sequel. This is a long-going rumor from multiple sources. Bioshock to PS3.

mike_intellivision said:
Starcraft

The rumor you cited to refute my rumor is one month older.
Which means mine is newer -- I win 8*>

http://www.gameguru.in/sony-playstation-3/2008/07/2k-marin-hiring-for-bioshock-2-uses-ue-3x-and-ps3-version-possible/

And the source of the rumor is a 2K Marin job announcement.

Seriously, we don't know what will or won't happen until it does.
Either Microsoft will pay big bucks (which they have) or it goes mutliplatform
(and by 2009, someone will have ported the Unreal 3 Engine to the Wii --
even if it is not Epic (it is currently being done under license).

Mike from Morgantown
Victory to Mike

windbane said:

This is no ordinary shooter. Half a million would easily cover the costs of a port and would prepare the userbase for the sequel. This is a long-going rumor from multiple sources. Bioshock to PS3.

And everytime it comes up, Take Two shoots it down.........

Bioshock will be released on the PS3. Bioshock 2 will follow September 2009. Bioshock was originally a PS3/360/PC multi-platform game. Releasing Bioshock 2 without Bioshock on the PS3 would not make sense. Bioshock and Bioshock 2 have story lines that link together. I believe Bioshock 2 will be a prequel to the original Bioshock game.

condemned 2 on ps360 say hi