By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony May Cry - Another Capcom Betrayal?

Posted in Xbox 360, Rumors by Edwin Jones on January 27th, 2007 at 18:15 Devil May Cry, like it or not, is a big Capcom franchise. Whilst not up there with the likes of Resident Evil and Street Fighter, it is oft touted as one of the really good titles available for the PS2. It’s newest incarnation Devil May Cry 4 was to be a PS3 exclusive, and Sony were obviously quite happy to have it. Problem is, like most of Sony’s so called exclusives…it could be coming to the 360. This rumour has been thrown around before, but like our recent MGS4 piece new evidence has come to light which makes a port seem much more likely. Xbox360fanboy.com had this to say on the matter: Jonah tipped us off on the contents of his official Playstation Magazine (yes, the same one with the Gears ad). Inside, there is an article discussing the future of Devil May Cry 4 and whether it will remain a PS3 exclusive. PSM is reporting that Capcom will be showing some more Microsoft love and will be bringing the series to the Xbox 360. We’ve all heard this rumor before, but we’re starting to feel a little more giddy by the day. Are you guys interested in Devil May Cry 4 coming to the 360 and do you think it’ll help with console sales? Sony seem incapable of any luck at the moment. Between losing franchises left right and centre to the competition and posting up a picture of Project Gotham as a screenshot for their own Gran Turismo HD, it seems Sony need to concentrate hard on just staying afloat in the business. The fact the PS3 is going to cost over £100 more in the UK than in the USA doesn’t help matters much either. But enough with the Sony bashing for one news piece. Devil May Cry is a good action series, and the more people who get the opportunity to play it, the better. Bring it over Capcom - or did those incredible sales of Dead Rising and Lost Planet not convince you we 360 owners love your games?

Around the Network

Ouch, sucks for Sony. I just started playing DMC3, great game. After playing it (a few days ago), I felt the series would be a very good 360 game, as the 360 does not have many true blue brawlers. Poor Sony....They deserve this, after putting out bad software that made devs use their bad documentation software and their difficult hardware, against superior hardware with the Xbox and GC...They deserve it. They are the Nintendo of the 2000s. However, Sony will still get it as a port. This is another gut punch, but Sony is still Sony. Might be closer to my 70m unit prediction instead of my 75m prediction. Who knows.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

DreamsCast said: Sony seem incapable of any luck at the moment. Between losing franchises left right and centre to the competition and posting up a picture of Project Gotham as a screenshot for their own Gran Turismo HD, it seems Sony need to concentrate hard on just staying afloat in the business. The fact the PS3 is going to cost over £100 more in the UK than in the USA doesn’t help matters much either. ?
I never really got that statement. First of all some games went multiplatform that doesn't equate a loss. If you were to use that logic then you can point out what the 360 has "lost" to the PS3 as well. Multi-platform games also do not spring up overnight. They are planned for and normally are worked on for quite some time. The PS3 sales are not as high as the Wii's but do you seriously think they are doing bad?

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

If DMC4 does reach the xbox 360, more people can play the series which is always a plus. Concerning exclusivity, I think Sony really needs to step up and show game developers why they should work exclusively for the PS3. Otherwise, they really don't have much to offer...if all games go multiplatform (between xbox and playstation) then there really isn't a point in buying a console that costs $200 more just for the same gameplay and graphics. However, I doubt Sony is "doomed" or "dead"...they are far from that. PS2 launched pretty badly as well however they ended up being the best last generation. I think most people need to give them time...2007 is supposed to be a pretty profitable year for them as long as the big name games come out and get good reviews. Anyways, that's my opinion...who knows what could happen...this generation in particular is extremely unpredictable

yo